The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rollei Schneider 180/2.8

carstenw

You can get nice 6002/6003/6006 bodies for about 250 or so, in case you don't want to pay 500 for a 6008 professional. Are you still based in Iceland? You could try listing on one of the European eBay sites, if you ever get down here, so you can drop it in the post without anyone needing to pay import taxes.

Geoff

Here's a 180 shot on a P20 some time ago. Its not a commercial shot, so the lighting is only natural, and focus is limited, but the foreshortening of the lens works well.

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Carsten -- I am in Berlin for two weeks at the end of January if you want either of them. I would sell them (either or both) to you for a very reasonable price. Just PM me or something if you are interested. I am just too busy and fed up to sell them on eBay etc at the moment.

carstenw

Let's speak when it gets a bit closer. I need to look at selling some other stuff. It would be the Tele-Xenar if anything. I would love to meet for a coffee though, if you have a gap in your schedule.

Stuart Richardson

Ok sounds good. I would be happy to meet up for a coffee in any case. I will be there for two weeks, other than for a short trip to Weimar, so there should be plenty of time.

carstenw

If you go to Weimar, maybe Dessau would also interest you (bauhaus)? :)

Is the lens PQ or PQS, btw?

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots Graham!
Carsten -- I am only going to Weimar for a friend's graduation from Bauhaus University, but I imagine it will be nice to see the city, in any case. I have been to Berlin several times now, but nowhere else in Germany. As for the lens, it is PQ. I have not really found this to be a limitation in most cases.

paul25

The seller of the lens told me that the conversion cost was $400...

Here are few snaps with CFV 16...

Last edited:

paul25

I think it is a phenomenal lens if it can be focused correctly wide open, which I am practicing....

Last edited:

jeanlucco

Got my 180AF few months ago, constantly amaze by the quality, fast AF. Certainly my best lens for my LEAF system, all Schneider lenses. Looking to grap one day the 300, heard that it is a killer too. Will try to post one sample tomorrow.

kuau

Workshop Member
I would love to have the 180mm 2.8, would fit perfectly in my hy6 kit, I have mostly Rollie MF Zeiss glass, 50mm, 110mm, and 250mm which I really like,, plus I have the 80mm AFD Xenar. I had purchased athe Schneider 40mm F4, but I think I got a bad copy, corners were to soft for my liking.
Steven

Shashin

I would love to have the 180mm 2.8, would fit perfectly in my hy6 kit, I have mostly Rollie MF Zeiss glass, 50mm, 110mm, and 250mm which I really like,, plus I have the 80mm AFD Xenar. I had purchased athe Schneider 40mm F4, but I think I got a bad copy, corners were to soft for my liking.
Steven
Steven, did you change cameras again?

Geoff

The 300 is a killer lens but very demanding: shallow DOF, needs a stable tripod and/or high shutter speeds. But boy, the images are very special. Also liking the 150 Schnedier Tele Xenar a lot.

Shashin

Nope, I have my Sinar arTec and Hy6. Been shooting with both of them since August.
No plans on changing anymore, well at least until I win the lottery :)
If you check out my website http://kuau.viewbook.com/telluride
All those images were taken with either my Hy6 or arTec with my Leaf Aptus II 7 AFI back
Beautiful. I knew about your arTec, but did not realize you had a Hy6. Your bag must be heavy, but you probably have a pack mule in that part of the country.