The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Using a Center Filter on Rodenstock 28mm HR Digaron S

Paul2660

I am looking to find out more information from other photographers who have used this lens on a P65+ or any 56+MP back.

From the literature on Rodenstock's site, they don't reference a separate center filter for this lens, as they do for the newer
W Series 32mm, and the S series 23mm. I would prefer not to use a center filer but right now I can't even tell if Rodenstock
makes one for the lens.

Also can anyone confirm if this lens is retro focus in design?

I would appreciate others feedback on their results with this lens and if they are using a Center filter and what brand? (Rodenstock or other)

Not interested in shifting as much as just using the lens center on and vignetting.

Here is a link to Rodenstock's site where they talk about their new "digital" center filters which are a new type of make, but they don't
list the 28, however they do list the 23 twice so it may be a typo.

http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/mediabase/original/Filter_brochure_Center_2010_CD_Engl_10184.pdf

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

stephengilbert

Paul,

I thought it might be a typo as well, but then saw that after listing the specifications of the CFs, they talk about the refractive indices of both lenses.

Steve

Paul2660

I would also appreciate any users feedback on this lens:

With Cambo, Acra or Alpa, no matter.

Opinions on:
Corner sharpness
Use with filters CLPL and ND
Vignetting from F8 and up
color shifting with no shift
color shifting with around 5mm of shift

Also if you are not using the Rodenstock 28, opinions on the 28XL Schneider
would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

rhsu

There's a chap here who did a test shot with HR28mm and P65+ (I think several members as a matter of fact) and posted his/her images. Try and search for it ie a year or so ago.

I test it critically (pixel peeping as someone here would call it) back then. The P65+ offers very little movement with HR28mm - hardly worth it. The edges are soft but not as soft as the 80mp (later when released) - again no movement or hardly worthwhile. ICC via Phase resolved colour shift well with "little" noise. Great lens for WA point and shoot though. Good luck :cool: