The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem Charging Batteries on Leaf Aptus

rollsman44

What does it mean when the charger for the battery stays RED all the time? I am trying to charge the Batteries that came with my Leaf Aptus 22 . I dont know if its the batteries or the charger. Any suggestions? I am using the Hahnel MCL 103 charger and Leaf battery 2350 mah batteries( 2)

yaya

Constant Red means a fault. If it does it with both batteries then it could be the charger

I had what seems like the same problem. It turned out that the charger was not getting power because of a contact problem with the plug. Applying (constant) lateral pressure to the plug solved my problem. I wrapped the cable around the rear plastic bit a few times then tied it, its not pretty but works. You can test if the charger is getting power by looking at the red LED. I suggest placing the battery in the charger without the power supply connected in a dim area first, then plugging it in. The LED should glow brighter if it is receiving power. Good luck!

rollsman44

I did push in and do all that you said and the battery must be dead. 1 of the batteries I received ( used) when I purchased the camera afew weeks ago must be totally dead. The red light wont come on at all for that one. The other battery has a constant red lit up. I will have to order a new battery and a Twin Charger( Hahnel) from Capture Integration. Hopefully then it will work. Thank you, rollsman

rollsman44

The back will does not power on. What happens is the yellow light comes on for a few seconds then it shuts off. Thank you.