The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help~ for H3DII S/N

dreamallen

Hello everyone,

I am helping my friend to ask how to use "Serise Number S/N" to check the camera's history, like what year of the camera, any repair history...
Where can I check? Would you sent me a link please! Thank you Thank you!!

Allen

Thierry

Hi Allen,

All Hasselblad cameras and film magazines, as well as some other Hasselblad items, bear a two or three letter code in front of, or incorporated into, the serial number. Two of these letters are used to encrypt the year of manufacture. The key to translate these letters to digits is the word VHPICTURES, in which "V" stands for 1, "H" = 2, etc ...

Here the complete code:

V H P I C T U R E S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

The digits indicate the decennium and year in which the item was produced.
For instance, a camera carrying the 'date code' "ER" was produced in 98, or 1998 ("E" = 9, "R" = 8)

You can find this information here:

Hasselbald Historical

Best regards
Thierry

Hello everyone,

I am helping my friend to ask how to use "Serise Number S/N" to check the camera's history, like what year of the camera, any repair history...
Where can I check? Would you sent me a link please! Thank you Thank you!!

Allen

Last edited: