The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

digital lenses and cambo WRS

felix5616

Is it possible to purchase schneider or rodenstock digital lenses and mount them in cambo lens panels rather than buying cambo wrs lenses? can i buy cambo WRS lens panels without lenses and install used schneider or rodenstock digital lenses to try and save some money as used schneider and rodenstock digital lenses are more readily available on the used market than cambo technical camera lenses?

gazwas

I very much doubt it would be worth your while as its my understanding that each lens is focus calibrated after mounting on the panel. I don't think its quite the same as it used to be with view camera lens panels when all the focusing was done on the ground glass.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I discussed this back in October with their rep Rene Rook ([email protected]) - yes, you can have Cambo mount lenses that you already own for a fee per lens at the factory (ditto Arca will do this too). Each lens is calibrated as Gareth mentioned because the sensor mount -> lens distance is absolutely critical with the Cambo.

If you already have the glass on a different mount then it is cost effective to do this. I doubt that the same is true if you are looking to buy used and then convert.