Site Sponsors

Thread: digital lenses and cambo WRS

Post Thanks / Like

digital lenses and cambo WRS

Is it possible to purchase schneider or rodenstock digital lenses and mount them in cambo lens panels rather than buying cambo wrs lenses? can i buy cambo WRS lens panels without lenses and install used schneider or rodenstock digital lenses to try and save some money as used schneider and rodenstock digital lenses are more readily available on the used market than cambo technical camera lenses?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: digital lenses and cambo WRS

I very much doubt it would be worth your while as its my understanding that each lens is focus calibrated after mounting on the panel. I don't think its quite the same as it used to be with view camera lens panels when all the focusing was done on the ground glass.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I discussed this back in October with their rep Rene Rook ([email protected]) - yes, you can have Cambo mount lenses that you already own for a fee per lens at the factory (ditto Arca will do this too). Each lens is calibrated as Gareth mentioned because the sensor mount -> lens distance is absolutely critical with the Cambo.

If you already have the glass on a different mount then it is cost effective to do this. I doubt that the same is true if you are looking to buy used and then convert.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The lenses which can be retrofitted can be found here:
    http://www.captureintegration.com/te...de-rs-wide-ds/

Normally this would be done through a dealer to simplify the currency/shipping/tax/duty issues. As graham says its usually only cost effective if you already own the lens.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info
    leo