The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Phase One P+ firmware update

lance_schad

Workshop Member
If I may add besides the some bug fixes is the support via software for the Schneider USB controlled shutters. This will allow you when using a technical camera with the Schneider shutter extensive control over its functionality.

Phase One just recently added a knowledge-base article that goes over the details.
http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1201&LanguageID=1

Yes some of you have already used this in with other manufacturers. But now PhaseOne has it as well. This combined with Live Preview makes for an even more killer solution. I know limited market, but one that can make very good use of it.

The main markets to benefit will be Fine Art Repro/Museum where copystands are in use, table top/studio photography, and landscape/ architectural where you want need to use a deeply recessed lens board and cannot get to the settings.

BTW this goes great with the Arca Monolith bundle that PhaseOne still has available!

Again full details are up on our website as well as PhaseOne's
L

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

C

carbonmetrictree

Thank you for the heads up guys, I'll update my back tonight.

C

carbonmetrictree

I would love to see a firmware update that will allow Live Preview on the unit itself. It probably would drain the battery pretty quick, but it shouldn't be a problem if I buy ten!

Clawery

yaya

I would love to see a firmware update that will allow Live Preview on the unit itself. It probably would drain the battery pretty quick, but it shouldn't be a problem if I buy ten!
Not going to happen with current CCD "full-frame" technology.

Needs to be either Interline CCD or CMOS to have on-board Live View

Yair

F

FotoGeek

Has Phase One pulled this firmware update? The link to their site shows no downloads for P+ backs.

P

plasticimage

Could be -- I suggested that they do that after the firmware fried the circuit board in my P30+. Apparently, I wasn't the only one.

Dale Allyn

Could be -- I suggested that they do that after the firmware fried the circuit board in my P30+. Apparently, I wasn't the only one.
Ouch! Sorry for your woes.

I'm glad that I'm a slow adopter to these things these days. I was thinking of doing the update to my back when I return the States, but will continue to hold-off for a while (and delete the update from my hard drive). I hope Phase gets your back repaired or replaced quickly for you.

Digitalcameraman

You beat me to it Gregory.

He is right. For some odd reason the new updater when run on a intel based machine can cause some type of minor damage to a circuit board, thus rendering the back unuseable. You will will see both green and red lights and you will not be able to capture. That back would need to be sent back toP1 for service.

So rule number one is do not update the firmware unless you need support of this new digital shutter system.

I learned this as Gregory updated his firmware on his P30+. I suppose there was a small mention in the read me file but this should have been in 72 pt type.

Phase One Tech Support has offered to update these in NY if you need the support of that digital shutter system. You can use this updater on non intel based machines and PC. Who has those any more?

Just FYI

Chris Snipes
Image Productions, Inc
Phase One Expert

www.imageproduction.com
[email protected]

Phase One Test Studio Florida

J

jmvdigital

Holy crap! I've heard of firmware updates royally screwing up things, but usually just a software issue. Never heard of an update actually frying the physical board.

Tim Ernst

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I could not find an answer anywhere else. I'm trying to update the firmware on a P-45+ back and can't find anything. The only item I see on the Phase One site is for "rolling back" the firmware to 2.9.8, which is what my back already has. Was the 3.2.6 firmware update of a year ago that was pulled (as noted above in this thread) ever replaced with anything else? And if so, does anyone have a download link? Or is 2.9.8 the current firmware for the 45+? Thanks for any help...

eleanorbrown

Hi chris, do you know when Phase is going to correct the issue with the H2 cameras concerning changing iso speeds, sensor + on/off, etc? the way it is now I have to turn the H2 off, then back on, every time I make an iso change with the P65+. Thanks eleanor

Phase One just announced a new P+ firmware update (3.2.6). Please take a look at the link to our web site for the latest updates.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/09/15/firmware-update-for-p-backs-326/

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Yes Elanore, the H2 ISO issue (specific to a few specific models) will very likely be fixed. Firmware updates don't happen with the speed of software updates; however, it should come.

Re: Tim Ernst - contact your dealer. If there is a reason for you to need the new firmware then by all means they will be able to provide you the firmware updater.

Doug
Capture Integration

Tim Ernst

Thanks Doug. My dealer is closed at the moment - I'm just trying to find out what is the latest firmware for + backs - 3.2.6 or 2.9.8? The Capture Integration download link for 3.2.6 at the top of this thread is a dead end (shows only for 65 and 40 backs and for a different firmware, not for 3.2.6) so I was just curious - I cannot find anything on the Phase site other than for 2.9.8. Can anyone tell me what the current firmware is for your 45+? Thanks a bunch!