The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Remember to post some lighting workshop photos in the MF section

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Guy, Jack, David, etc.

Please feel free to enlighten us with any photos or eureka moments you wish to post from your upcoming workshop. Even though I have other commitments, I'm excited to live vicariously through your endeavors.

I hope you all of a great weekend.

Kurt

David K

Workshop Member
Hi Kurt... wish you were here with us, you'd have a blast. Guy and Jack hosted their meet and greet this evening at the studio and it was great to see some friends from the Puerto Rico trip and meet some new folks as well. I'd guess you can expect to start seeing some pics tomorrow evening as nobody (except Jack and Guy doing some testing) has taken any shots yet.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I still need to wet the floor and do a couple more things but Jack and I worked on this and 3 other sets today. Tomorrow is a 3 hour seminar on lighting than shoot the rest of the day with models and also product and such. Jack and I are going to work these folks hard. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Sounds great Carlos.I will check on times when the studio opens for the gear demo's. I will post that here on the forum.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
How is this for a demo shot. 10 lights and could have used more.:D
Amazing what can be done with $30,000 worth of lighting, isn't it? And yes, I agree you could have even used more :ROTFL:

What I want to know is why you guys don't roll that bad boy down to the beach, stick one of David's hot babes on top of it, use some netting to save your highlights and a couple reflectors for fill, and go to town. I always teach my own students first, before we even plug a pack in the wall, that the best lighting made is the big single bulb in the sky. You just need to learn how to modify it properly.

C

carbonmetrictree

LOL, I wish I was there. Great lighting setup Guy, excited to see the final image!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Amazing what can be done with $30,000 worth of lighting, isn't it? And yes, I agree you could have even used more :ROTFL:

What I want to know is why you guys don't roll that bad boy down to the beach, stick one of David's hot babes on top of it, use some netting to save your highlights and a couple reflectors for fill, and go to town. I always teach my own students first, before we even plug a pack in the wall, that the best lighting made is the big single bulb in the sky. You just need to learn how to modify it properly.
Hi Chuck:

Good point on the teaching natural light first, however you need to keep in mind we do a lot of that on our regular workshops! With this one, they're getting a *studio* lighting seminar. AND we'll be putting at least one of the "babes" on the bike today, only we refer to them as "the talent" or "models" :D

:thumbs:,

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Andrew wish you where here also. The models start coming today with studio shooting the next two days and than Friday we hired bikini models for some beach work. We also hired two lingerie models for thursday also plus several TFP models for commercial , fashion and editorial looks. These folks will be knee deep with shooting models, product and getting to know how REALLY to work with lighting.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Peter and exactly what we are trying to accomplish is folks walking away with knowledge on lighting. It sounds easy but results are what count

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I'll agree with the others and say that this one program I wish I would have been able to fit into my schedule. Indeed, excellent learning opportunity.

Nice bike and photo, by the way.

Kurt

robsteve

Subscriber
Guy and Jack:

Don't forget to post pictures outside of the medium format forum so some of us still shooting small sensors will see them :)

Guy Mancuso

Heading out to Dale Labs for wine and cheese and dinner. Just a real quicky here straight from the camera.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Here are a couple of fun ones that we took while working setting up one of the sets.
It was an excellent day in which there was a bunch of shooting going on with virtually every brand camera: PhaseOne, Sinar, Hasselblad, Cannon, and Lecia.
Carlos Prio also came buy with his video setup and assistant and was documenting our days antics. Wait until you see the video of the event , it will show you that it is hard work being at one of Guys and Jacks workshops, but fun at the same time.
I would like to give a huge thanks to Doug Peterson, he took the reigns as the digital tech for the day and boy was he hustling. He knows his stuff and then some!
Anyway here are a couple of fun shots:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One quick one, straight from the camera. This was the bartender at our hotel: