The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stolen Equipment Alert

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
One of our clients has had the following equipment stolen:
- Phase One IQ180M (FP001314)
- Phase One 28mm (PD001025)
- Phase One 75-150mm (PI001386)

There was also a DF Body (serial number currently unknown) and some accessories in the bag.

If you are contacted about any of these items or run across them on eBay or a forum sale (or anywhere else) please notify us ASAP and we will take it from there.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
That sucks! My sympathies go to your client and let's hope that they were insured or get their gear back!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
A friend and I recently recovered over $18K worth of stolen equipment . The most important learnings where that to recover it you will need :

1. Absolute proof that you own the equipment ...a bill of sale is preferred . We were able to use photographs that included the serial number and showed the owner but this was pure luck.

2. Absolute proof that someone has your equipment . Here the new software tools were used to prove that an individual had the camera in his possession.

The person that lost his equipment needs a police report and here there can be no question about theft . The police do not want to record a crime unless you can prove it .

Someone will sell this equipment and it will surface . We found the stolen equipment on ebay and traced it to retail source that was reselling it . Went to the store and took a picture with the stolen equipment . So we had the proof of ownership and proof of possession.

etrump

My son had a backpack stolen and it had his iPad in it. Tracked it down to a few houses with locate my iPad. Police wouldn't do anything so he went to the house in the middle of the circle and asked if they found it. The thief was so dumbfounded he admitted he had it , claimed he found it in a field and gave it back. Cops arrested the guy 2 months later if you can believe that.