The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

we all tweeting?

Amin

I occasionally use Twitter and more often G+. I'm on Twitter as aminsabet and on G+ as Amin Sabet.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bill I don't want anyone knowing where I am at any given time , not even my wife. I like to shop too. LOL

Terry

I use twitter all day every day. However, I rarely (extremely rarely) will tweet. I use it as my news feed. I no longer use an RSS reader. So, I follow all of the. news organizations and lots of Photo sites and tech sites.

J

jcoffin

I'm far too loquacious to even consider using Twitter. I can easily spend a dozen or more pictures and a thousand words on the difference in character of a single lens at f/2.0 vs. f/2.2.

While I can understand their decision to limit message lengths, I still think the degree to which it discourages (and even prohibits) any depth to communication is just plain wrong. Subtlety and nuance are just as important in written communication as in photographs.

Terry

99% of the tweets I read have an embedded link to a longer article or something similar. Oh and there is a site just meant for tweets when 140 characters just aren't enough.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I have to admit I am a information hound and find myself monitoring twitter feeds more and more. Especially since I started using Flipboard on my iPhone/iPad to view my twitter account as well as my Facebook and numerous other magazine/interests.

I was never able to really embrace some of the other twitter clients out there until this one.

Also there is another cool app/service that I have started to use in conjunction with Flipboard since I am coming across so many things of interest and got tired of manually copying links to them. It is called ReadItLater. It allows you to save videos, articles or pretty much anything you find interesting to your Read It Later queue. It appears in your toolbar in Safari (other browsers if you choose) and also on my Iphone (other platforms supported as well)when you goto the save/forward link icon as 'read it later' and automatically sends the link to a list associated with the ReadItLater account you set up.

I do not currently tweet much, but once in a while I will retweet something interesting (I follow many things that are photo related).

My handle is @lanceschad if you want to follow me.

Sorry if I may have gone a little off track with the application suggestions, but you may find them useful.

L