The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

bag/container for Phase One backs

kmeyers

Just wondering if anyone has a nice bag or container for a phase one back similar to what I have seen for some of the leaf backs. Right now I wrap my IQ180 in a lens wrap and then it goes into my backpack.

Thanks,

Ken

kdphotography

Ken,

I rarely remove my MFDB from the camera, except to clean an errant dust spot on the sensor. If I do remove the MFDB to travel, it's always with the metal cover locked into place over the sensor, and then placed into a small Pelican 1200 that I cut out the foam specifically for the MFDB. It's almost impervious. Only about $38 at B&H and available in a lot of pretty colors. :D

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=pelican+1200&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

I'm sure you could probably do the same with a small soft side bag as well---and stuff it with a pre-cut foam insert for the MFDB. The old Kodak DCS back came with a small zipped soft side bag which was perfect, about the size of an index card file box.

ken