The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica S system, 37 megapixels SLR

Mitchell

The Leica Digital Forum has a link to flickr photo page that shows the new Leica S system.

Looks like a 35mm SLR, no back.

37 megapixels

30x45 mm sensor

weatherproof seals

autofocus faster than Hassey

9 focal plane and leaf shutter lenses, including 24mm and 30mm tilt shift

records in DNG format

size between Canon 5D and EOS 1DS MK III

The technology from the S system will trickle down to other Leica systems. "The R is far from dead."

If this is all true, (if not someone went to alot of trouble) I hope this works for Leica. Seems like a big gamble. I think I still want a Sinar with WLF.

Interesting times.

Best,

Mitchell

It looks as it WAS built around Sinar-m shutter, as somebody predicted a month ago. :)
Now I want a Sinar version of the beast to use my Sinaron AF lenses....I shot Sinar-m in dusty Bucharest two weeks ago and now I have to Hoover all the innards of the AF module again; modularity is good, but weatherproofing of the S2 is very tempting. :angry:
Yevgeny

PeterA

man that is so cheap is that $40K for each lens as well??? :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:- I can't wait for all the internet chatter about this one! - and only 5 years away from delivery!

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We are working to get all the specs and details on this and some other announcements as soon as possible.

Dave Gallagher is over there representing CI at the PhaseOne world wide reseller conference and will be supplying us with first hand information.

As soon as we have them we will post them here and of course on the front page of website @ www.captureintegration.com .

Lance

robmac

With such a low-mass camera (with grip) vs an H, Phamiya, etc, I wonder what the mirror slap will be like? New hinge/cushioning tech?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not sure but it seems to have a big throat there and that means big mirror. We might not have any of those answer for awhile if this is slated for the Summer . Lag time, mirror slap and all that stuff.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now if it took my Phase back that would really do it for me. That one would get me out of my seat in a hurry.