The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 110mm F2 manual stop down

FredBGG

Not Available
I just received a used Hasselblad 110mm f2.
Nice and clean....
But the iris does not stop down.
Stopping it down the iris does not close and the depth of field preview button does not make it stop down either.
I have checked that the little rotating linckage to the camera is cocked (wound up)

Has anyone had this repaired?

6x7

not shure if I understand what procedure you did. the aperture ring is kind of a "preset" ring. set up the aperture you want and then push down the "little lever" on the left side to stop down to the presetted aperture. if you leave the lever clicked in you also can turn the aperture ring and have the blades moving.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I had that happen on a used 110/2 that I purchased. I ended up sending to Hasselblad USA for repairs.

Kurt

Seascape

Apparently there were some aperture blade problems with the "F" series lenses (the first series 110's that don't have electrical contacts).

The later "FE" 110's apparently have modified aperture blades that corrected this problem.

P

polarcircle

This problem occurs with some of the F-series lenses. The heavy 50 f2.8 suffers from it. Here the aperture can break down wherefore one should make visual inspection of the lens that there are no internal scratches.

I fixed my F 50 for 150 Euro.

R

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
If I remember correctly, the cost to have it repaired, cleaned and brought up to specification was somewhere between $150-$200.

P

polarcircle

Actually one should expect to have regular service on Hasselblad lenses. They function very well but need regular service. SOme type a little bit mre regular than others. So iif you bought a second hand lens you should actually service it unless you have papers from the seller of when the last service was done.

If I remember correctly, the cost to have it repaired, cleaned and brought up to specification was somewhere between $150-$200.