The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which lens HCD 28 or HC 35

Greg Haag

I am wanting to purchase one of these two. The primary purpose is architectural work, the closest lens I have to these currently is the HC 50-110.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

BANKER1

I'm sure others will jump in with more conclusive advice.
The HC 28 is unique in MF - if you have a large chip (H4d-50 or H4d-60), the results are spectacular - check out:

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,1442.0.html

What what I've heard, the HC35 is not as sharp as it could be with modern high res backs, and is due for a replacement ala HC50 or HC 120.
That may be true, but I have been very satisfied and pleased with my HC35. Maybe I am not as discerning as I should be, but I print large and have never had a problem with resolution or for that matter any other technical issue. However, I would love to have the HCD28 even though I would lose some crop since I am using the H4D60.

If you look at my images on this site, you will see the image of the house that was taken with the HC35.

Greg

Greg Haag

I'm sure others will jump in with more conclusive advice.
The HC 28 is unique in MF - if you have a large chip (H4d-50 or H4d-60), the results are spectacular - check out:

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,1442.0.html

What what I've heard, the HC35 is not as sharp as it could be with modern high res backs, and is due for a replacement ala HC50 or HC 120.
I have the H4d-50, how do you think it would work with that back?
Thanks,
Greg

jerome

Thanks,
Greg
The HC28 works very well with the H4D50 (I have this camera)

The 28 is my favorite lens. The 35 is supposed to be lens sharp, and I use the 50 mm2 which is very sharp.

Greg Haag

Jerome,
Sorry it must have been a wishful thinking typo, I meant to say I have the H4D-40.
Thanks,
Greg

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks,
Greg
Hello Greg

The 28mm is very sharp. I use it on H4D -50.

I dont own and have never used HC-35. However I did own a HC-50 which I replaced with the HC-50 II and appreciated the better resolution from the newer lens particulary at the edges of the frame. The original HC-50 looked ok until I saw how much better the MkII version was. If the same is true for the 35 then I suspect you will be happier with the 28.

Quentin

Greg Haag

Hello Greg

The 28mm is very sharp. I use it on H4D -50.

I dont own and have never used HC-35. However I did own a HC-50 which I replaced with the HC-50 II and appreciated the better resolution from the newer lens particulary at the edges of the frame. The original HC-50 looked ok until I saw how much better the MkII version was. If the same is true for the 35 then I suspect you will be happier with the 28.

Quentin
Quentin,
Thanks for your insight. The 28 is the lens that I think would be the most useful for me.
Thanks again,
Greg