The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne Photokina News So Far

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Here is what we have so far as far as news that was relayed to us by Dave G who is attending the Phase One international dealer meeting. More details will be posted to our site as we get them. A good idea is to subscribe to our RSS feed and any updates from us will be at your fingertips. (how to set up RSS feeds : http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/08/11/rss-feeds/)

• Phase One and Leica Form Strategic Alliance

The just-announced medium-format Leica S2 will feature sensor, software, and firmware developed by the experienced engineers of Phase One and will be distributed exclusively through Phase One channels. This promises the quality and sophistication of Leica with the engineering prowess and medium-format experience of Phase One.

• Capture One 4.5 Pro Release Date set

We’ve had a chance to see the New 4.5 Pro and it is stellar. Release to the public will be October 15. Capture Integration will be hosting the countries first and finest seminars to introduce photographers and assistants to this new professional workflow software. We’ll also be testing it through and through to make sure our customers can put their trust in it.
Included in CapturOne 4.5 Pro will be enhancements to Lens+ which will not only correct for CA/Purple fringing , but also for lens geometry, not only on PhaseOne/Mamiya lenses, but Hasselblad as well!

Check back soon for seminar dates and feature details.

• Further Details on the P65+

Aperture & Shutter control with P65+ when used with Phase One 645 and Capture One 4.5.

No need for a mask. What you see in the viewfinder is exactly what you get.

On-Screen Bubble Level for real-time horizon leveling

On-Screen Grids,Styles and Ratings as well.

No need for two shot cable release anymore

Two quad-core processors inside the back allow write speeds of up to 133 mb/sec (current card technology is at 45mb/sec)

Sensor was designed and is owned by Phase One; Dalsa is only manufacturing it exclusively for Phase One

Higher Quality Live View with 4 times the refresh rate (now 5-7 fps)

Pixel Binning unlike anything ever seen before. Allows variable resolution and good ISO 1600 performance.

• New Phase One Leaf Shutter lenses are being announced and the 80mm is being demonstrated.

More to come and check our website out.

L

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
• Phase One and Leica Form Strategic Alliance

The just-announced medium-format Leica S2 will feature sensor, software, and firmware developed by the experienced engineers of Phase One and will be distributed exclusively through Phase One channels. This promises the quality and sophistication of Leica with the engineering prowess and medium-format experience of Phase One.

Now this is the smartest thing leica could possible do. This truly is brilliant by going to Phase One for there experience. Just can't miss here

arashm

Lance :
wondering is non-sessioned work flow still an option with 4.5 pro?

also tethered shooting with Nikon's ?????
is this maybe tethered shooting with the phantom Nikon medium format camera :)
another Strategic Alliance???

wow this is the most exciting Photokina in a while
thanks
am

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Lance :
wondering is non-sessioned work flow still an option with 4.5 pro?

also tethered shooting with Nikon's ?????
is this maybe tethered shooting with the phantom Nikon medium format camera :)
another Strategic Alliance???

wow this is the most exciting Photokina in a while
thanks
am
The context of the Nikon-tethering discussion was geared towards existing dSLRs and is not a guarantee yet.

Non-sessioned workflows (i.e. browsing by folder structure) should still be an option ALONG with sessioned workflows.

Ongoing news updates all week long.

Doug

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Doug keep us posted. A lot of diehard Leica fans here as well as Phase One fans. Ah heck we are just all gear heads, let's just admit it.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

arashm

thanks Doug
dare I say I've actually come to like non-sessioned workflow ever since I started using 4.0
ma

PeterA

Dear Lance / Doug - I am a buyer. Please put me on list and let me know what deposit you need.

I like having something fantastic to look forward to - and no I am not selling any of my MFD gear.
Regards
Pete

PeterA

LOL @ Guy. I dont expect to be able to buy this system for quite some tim ( read a year) Remember the DMR? I am VERY happy to see phase One as their distributor - makes all the difference to me as traditional leica dealers and distributors are ...umm...not for me.Also I woudl buy this and probably only use 1-2 lenses - teles actualy.

Guy Mancuso

From the Leica website on Phase One Alliance

2008SEP20 2117
LEICA CAMERA AG AND PHASE ONE CONCLUDE STRATEGIC ALLIANCE

Leica Camera AG and Phase One A/S have agreed to enter into a long-term strategic alliance. Both companies are in mutual agreement on the terms of close future cooperation in the technical development and marketing of premium products for the professional photography segment. The objective is to offer photographers innovative high-end solutions that guarantee the greatest possible creative freedom and set standards in terms of performance, quality and technological maturity. Close cooperation has also been decided upon for the expansion of effective service and marketing structures.

The CEO of Leica Camera AG, Dr Andreas Kaufmann, welcomes the collaboration with Phase One: 'Our two companies are an outstanding match for each other due to the similarity of their corporate cultures, their extraordinary innovative strengths and their dedication to absolute quality. We complement each other very well, particularly in the marketing segment. This will enable Leica to establish a strong and sustainable position at the leading edge of the professional segment. Together with Phase One we will soon be able to begin offering professional customers a new range of products and services.'

In addition to digital backs for medium format and view cameras, Phase One, the world's leading manufacturer of camera systems for the professional segment, also offers industrialgrade software and image processing solutions specially designed to meet the most demanding requirements of professional photographers. According to the CEO of Phase One A/S, Henrik Håkonsson: 'Thanks to first class internal development and technological alliances, Phase One maintains its leadership in the provision of software and image processing solutions for the professional segment. As a consequence of this strategic alliance with Leica, Phase One now has access to the vast optical expertise of the market's quality leader and we can improve our product offerings to the world’s best photographers.

Leica Camera AG in Solms offers precision optical products of uncompromising quality and mechanical precision for the industrial and private high-end segments. The Leica range embraces a broad spectrum of cameras and precision optical products for analogue and digital photography, projectors and a range of binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders for field observation. Thanks to systematic investment in the manufacture of aspherical optical elements, Leica possesses vast expertise in the manufacturing, the optical calculation, the measuring and testing technology, as well as in the construction of lenses and the assembly of aspherical lens systems. Further information about Leica Camera AG and its products can be found at www.leica-camera.com.

PeterA

and to be more precise..I am very happy with Capture ntergration -specifically.This new 4/3 MFD format is going to rock some boats -:)

C

carbonmetrictree

WOW.

Just Wow.

Guy, if Peter's going to adopt you, maybe Lance will adopt me :ROTFL:

fotografz

I hope that my son, Doug, will take care of me :)
-bob
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

This it the funniest line on this forum since I started reading it.

We will mortgage our old age to get our paws on this stuff. Sick.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Not trying to rock any boats here, but at the event last night, there was never any mention of exlusive distribution of the S2 through Phase dealers. This is a Leica product and will be sold by Leica dealers. Phase's involvement is still not clearly outlined.

Whether this becomes another rebadging deal in exhange for C1 support like what happened with the Mamiya AFD III and associated lenses remains to be seen.

I hope to find out more later in the day.

David

Guy Mancuso

Thanks David , I would imagine it would actually go through both the Leica dealers and Phase dealers. Of course all this remains to be seen but so far things sound pretty good.