The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Moving a C1 Session

rga

Well, I posted this in the Digital Image Processing part of the forum and, so far, no response. So I thought I would pose my question here. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Does anyone know how to transfer C1 sessions from one computer to another in a manner that saves the work done on computer 1 to computer 2? It seems before I upgraded to 6.3 all I had to do was copy the entire folder, with the images and all subfolders (select, output, trash) and .col50 file over. That seems to have stopped working. Now I get the images when I open up the session from the copied folder, but none of the edits I've done to the images (LCC, Color correction, etc.).

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Same versions of C1, though they are different license numbers.

Thanks for any help,
Bob

PeterL

You're supposed to just be able to move the session folder (with everything in it), as you describe. Make sure you did not by accident process some of the files in another session, I've been caught by this a couple of times. I just switched to the folder, without switching session.

Cheers, -Peter

gazwas

I do that between my MacBook Pro and Mac Pro all the time so you just panicked me!

Just did a test and I'm running 6.3.3 on both my machines and all adjustments render correctly as they should when I drag the whole session folder from one machine to another.

PeterL

Just checked it as well, works just fine between two MBPs (10.6.8 and a 10.7.2) all the edits are preserved after the move (with C1 6.3.3). Check to see if you did not process as I indicated above.

Cheers, -Peter

rga

Thanks Peter and Gareth.
I'll try again this evening, but I'm dragging the whole folder that contains all the images, C1 sub folders, and .col50 file.
How do you tell if you're in a different session?
Thanks again,
Bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
move or copy the whole folder.
then, on the destination machine, locate that folder and within it you will find the .col50 file.
Double click that one and C1 will open the session.
-bob

gebseng

Curiously, I seem to have the same problem here. I am shooting tethered with C1 6.3.2 on a Macbook Pro running Lion 10.7.2. When I move the sessions folder to my Desktop Mac (also running 10.7.2), all the edits I made on the Macbook (color tags, grey balances) are gone. Maybe a permissions problem?

best,

geb