The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How slippery can the slope get?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thinking about it some more, I think Leica deserves a standing ovation. If nothing else then for what is shaping up to be a marketing coup and show-stealing Photokina presence.

After months of prognostications of doom and predictions of failure in forums and blogs, Leica seems to have stepped out ahead and managed to re-establish itself as a leader with a very promising future.

Three cheers for Leica! (I am so relieved, whew!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Agree, except some show-stealing customer service would maybe be even better...

:rolleyes:

robmac

Encouraged and they've debatably been the scene stealer at the show so far, but will reserve my enthusiasm until I see the execution. After all, they are a camera company doing what they're supposed to do ;>

They do deserve a pat on the back for some seriously innovative thinking and outside-the-box vision - finally someone in this market had some.

While Leica enthusiasts (I count myself among them to degree) on average have got to be some of the most graciously optimistic people I've ever seen; given how much Leica's put on the line with the S2 in a market (MF pro) that so unforgiving (as it should be given the $$ involved and put at risk re: reputations), they cannot afford ANY missteps on this baby.

As much as they deserve credit where credit is due, the road they have ahead of them will make the S2s development process look painfully easy.

Last edited:
C

carbonmetrictree

I'm very happy that Leica has seriously stepped into the pro digital side of photography. It looked like Leica was wading around in the water for a bit before attempting to do a full dive. And now with the S2, they're coming in swinging. Hopefully with the integration of a MFDB sensor in a DSLR, it will hopefully help Canon, Nikon, etc to re-prioritize what really needs to be focused on in terms of functionality, productivity, technology.

I would rather have a 50 megapixel back rather than...say one more AF point and a fancy jog wheel. :D

Don Libby

How about a group buy from Capture Integration? Wonder how many P65's it would take to get them below - way below - market price?:angel:

don

Don Libby

Now look what I started .... lets see buy 3 get 1 free average price of all 4 is .......:ROTFL::ROTFL:

don:angel:

PeterA

I have been looking and thinking about this camera for a while now. I guess I am starting to think of all the stuff it doesn't do. The list of what it doesnt do for me is pretty long.

I think it is a CaNikon and DSLR MF type shooter killer ap - it doesn't do a lot of things MFD backs do do for me - but it certainly removes the need fo rme to own any DSLR from CaNikon and maybe even ( dare I say it?) my M gear as well.

As a LeicaNut - I am happy for the company and its employees.

I think I will start a seperate thread so we can discuss what teh S2 wont do...

Last edited: