The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf RAW - compress or not?

tmh

To be able to use the LCC corrections in Capture One on a Leaf MOS raw file, I have to set the back to save as compressed (loss-less) raw. Capture One won't let me apply any LCC corrections to an uncompressed MOS file.

The pros of this are A) fit more images on a CF card and B) be able to use LCC, but are there any cons? Is the Leaf compressed MOS really loss-less or am I going to see some quality loss somewhere? I remember reading somewhere that even loss-less compression on Nikon or Canon raw files does degrade the image.

Thanks

yaya

There is no loss of quality whatsoever and if your workflow is based on Capture One then you can set the back to compressed and leave it there