The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Camera, One Lens!

doug

R8/DMR+280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R

EDIT: I reserve the right to change my response if Leica ever produces a 350mm S lens

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

This thread is very cruel. But...

IQ180 with LS 55 mm.

M9 with 35 Lux

(Neither is particularly versatile. For versatility I'd go for the Sony a900 or a77 and Zeiss 24-70)

The M9 (or any M) is the sexiest.

Bill

jonoslack

My choice is neither original nor strange:
M9 with 50 lux asph
If one is allowed zooms it's more complex . . .

Sexiest?
S2

SergeiR

Linhof Technika V (4x5) with S-K 150/2.8... b/c then i can still do MF if i choose to.. muhahahahaha. But seriously.. this lens is just.. oy..

S

Shelby Lewis

Thinking more about this... I might actually enjoy something like this if I only had one camera/lens for the rest of my time. If it meant my images were more like Sally's, then all the better.

Godfrey

Tough call.

Probably the M9 and M-Rokkor 40mm f/2. Can't tell you how much I like using this combo.

The GXR-M plus Nokton 40 f/1.4 has been stupendous too. Never mind the Ultron 28 or Skopar 21.

And then there's the M4-2 + Skopar 35, or E-1 + 35 Macro, or Nikon F + 85/1.8 ... or ...

But if I could have only one+one from this point on, the M9+M-Rokkor 40/2 stays on top.

Sexiest camera? I have no idea. I like all my gear.

Oren Grad

Either M4 or M6 (non-TTL), with any of the aspherical versions of the 35 Summilux.

A close second would be a whole plate Phillips. But since Dick has retired, that's never going to happen. So I'd settle for my WP Chamonix, with 210 Apo-Sironar-S.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I might give up on photography if I could only have one focal.
yep. that's where I'm at. I would go insane, so I would just have to quit photography.

LOL, in fact, I don't even dare play the game ... even that might make me go insane.

bensonga

I have two perspectives/responses re this question
1) of the cameras/lenses I currently own, which would I choose and
2) if I could pick any camera/lens, which would it be?

For 1) probably my Nikon D2X and the 50mm f1.8G
For 2) probably a Leica S2 and a 120mm Apo-Macro lens

Kind of surprised myself that I didn't pick my 503CWD and 120 Makro.....but I really do like the D2X and I would actually get out and use it more, which is an important consideration.

Gary