The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Camera, One Lens!

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Alpa TC + HR 32mm + IQ 180. One big advantage is that I already own this setup. Also reasonably sexy in an S&M kind of way.

Godfrey

Hmm. Well, I bought a Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH recently and so I'm revising my 'one camera, one lens' choice to the M9 with that. I still love the M-Rokkor 40mm f/2, but I think the coin toss of the moment would have me holding the Nokton if I couldn't have both.

Ah, fickle fickle me!

G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I think I've changed my mind. Any 35mm camera with this lens:

Yes, it's heavy, yes, it's manual focus only, yes, it's made for cine, but I think I could live with all of that :p

Expensive? Yes, it's bloody expensive as well.

peterv

Jorgen, isn't the image circle of this lens too small for the 35 format? As for the one camera/lens, for me that'd be the S2 with the 120 'rit :)

eleanorbrown

Leica M9 with Leica 50 1.4 asph... (but I could change my mind tomorrow, or next week, or next month....or even next year... :) Eleanor

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, isn't the image circle of this lens too small for the 35 format? As for the one camera/lens, for me that'd be the S2 with the 120 'rit :)
"One of the key features of the Compact Prime CP.2 lenses is the full-frame coverage on 36x24 sensors. In this way, the complete angle of view is fully employed and the lenses will remain compatible with future cameras employing this sensor size. "

"Another key advantage of the entire Compact Prime CP.2 series is the availability of inter- changeable mounts for PL, EF, F, MFT and E."

Carl Zeiss Press Release: CP.2 15/T2.9 and 135/T2.1

But of course, for most kinds of photography, a Sony A99 with the ZA 135mm f/1.8 would probably be a more practical solution. Not nearly as cool though :toocool:

Seascape

For this question I'll go with analog........M4 and 35 Lux ASPH (chrome versions of both).
A wonderful classic matched pair :thumbs:

peterv

Jorgen, thanks for the info, I learned something. Interesting lens! Agree about the A99/ZA 135 combo, awesome on my A900 and NEX 7 too!

Anders_HK

Simple!!! :salute:

One camera: Rolleiflex Hy6 w/ Leaf AFi-II 12 :thumbs:

One lens: Schneider Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS :thumbs:

That is what I use 99% today, while my only other lens to fit it, a Zeiss Distagon 50 FLE is largely unused, until I go out and shoot landscapes again.

Why this choice? Because I own it. Yes and no: Hand down best camera body in medium format today and best image quality in digital today. Thus will hold up best against coming camera bodies (Phase One etc) and future digital backs and all other future digital cameras. (that was also my consideration when investing in it...)

For landscapes though... still scraping for an Alpa... :facesmack:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
This will be my one-camera, one-lens kit this year, probably (just waiting for the body to be delivered):

NEX 7 with CV 35/1.7 or CV 35/2.5 or MS Perar 35/3.5—whichever lens gives best IQ vs portability/flattish form factor.

Anders, could you post an image of the Rolleiflex setup, please?

tashley

Subscriber Member
This will be my one-camera, one-lens kit this year, probably (just waiting for the body to be delivered):

NEX 7 with CV 35/1.7 or CV 35/2.5 or MS Perar 35/3.5—whichever lens gives best IQ vs portability/flattish form factor.

Anders, could you post an image of the Rolleiflex setup, please?
Just so's you know, I have tried a current version 35 lux on my nex7 and at f8, for medium and longer focus distances, you can barely tell the difference between it and the kit lens at 50mm at 50% on screen, roughly equivalent to a 200dpi print...