The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Camera, One Lens!

jonoslack

Just so's you know, I have tried a current version 35 lux on my nex7 and at f8, for medium and longer focus distances, you can barely tell the difference between it and the kit lens at 50mm at 50% on screen, roughly equivalent to a 200dpi print...
The kit lens is frighteningly good isn't it? . . . . . . . but my NEX7 is still sitting in front of me with a 35 'lux and a Hawks adapter (the kit lens just isn't that good at f2 :face smack:)

tashley

Subscriber Member
The kit lens is frighteningly good isn't it? . . . . . . . but my NEX7 is still sitting in front of me with a 35 'lux and a Hawks adapter (the kit lens just isn't that good at f2 :face smack:)
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Also, and I don't care what anyone else says, the 2010 35 lux has such pronounced field curvature that focussing mine is witchcraft anyway. If you want white magic, the NEX EVF is the best way to go.

The m9 is looking horribly inadeqate these days. Great sensor for low ISO work and amazing glass, but getting and keeping it calibrated to a bagful of lenses seems to be for people who are lucky with gear or who like tinkering. I am neither!

Last edited:

Anders_HK

Anders, could you post an image of the Rolleiflex setup, please?
Kit,

Rather than grab my iPhone for a snap;

Leafs neue 56 Megapixelkamera AFi-II 10 lieferbar - Bildergalerie - 2009/04/SideB_WL_tilt.jpg - Vollbild

Rolleiflex Hy6

Staring at the 6x6cm focus screen through folding viewfinder and then inspect on 6x7cm Leaf display is in some ways like nirvana. The rotating sensor works super, and the tilt display is a clear plus.

Have had a ball at amateur shoots in Shanghai last 3-4 months with the setup. See attached or my Chinese blog http://my.poco.cn/id-64555183.shtml :D

Best regards,
Anders

P.S. Never intended to get Hy6. Was looking at Hassy V to escape the pina of Mamiya 645. Handling the Hy6 easily convinced me. It feels as what a modern version of Hassy V should be. The Xenotar 80/2.8 PQS is the sharpest and most wonderful character lens I have owned. Order of an Alpa is obvious on hold... :(. Also worth to mention, my combo easily fits in a small bag on my shoulder. Folks with Nikon, Canon and the like show up with big bags to the photo shoot gatherings... :). The setup makes me really enjoy and focus on photography rather than struggle with yet another gear. I very much enjoy!!!

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Oh: lovely. I see the multiple attractions of this setup, 100% Can you give me some idea of how much money that basic setup is? Lovely images, too, and I will check out the blog. Thanks!

Geoff

It really varies depending on what you want and how you get into it. The camera body isn't too bad, and you can get a used lens for not so so much. Also, a lot of the older PQ lenses (manual focus) are not so pricey and work very well with the Hy6. Focus conformation is a breeze. The real trick is digital or film (can do either) and in digital, which back do you go for? That pretty much is more than half the price, all in. Its hard to find a used Leaf back, but if you can get one with the rotating sensor, you'll never look back.

pencil_tube

I think Olympus EP-1 + 14mm f2.5 is my choice for price/weight/quality.
Another may be:

Film:
- SLR: mamiya 645 proTL + 50mm f4.0 shift
- TLR: Rolleiflex 2.8F whiteface planar
- RF: Mamiya 7II + 43mm

Digital:
- SLR: Olympus EP-3 + 14mm f2.5
- TLR: I don't know how to put a back in Rollei ^^"
- RF: M9-P + 35mm lux

Anders_HK

Kit,

It looks as you are in Australia, correct? No idea who, or if anyone, sells there. I got mine in Hong Kong;

Livecoal is the agent of Rolleiflex for Hong Kong & China ROLLEIFLEX HY6 KIT SET + AFI-II 12 (80MP)

Buying from one of their dealers gives a better price, here is where I got the Hy6;
PRODUCTS :: Leaf Afi-II 12 Set (with Hy6 Kit set)

My Leaf back is from Gavin Hui at FounderGlobaltech;
Mamiya Leaf Partners

If you buy a back from Gavin he helps with good price on the camera set also. He gives 500% support and willing to help with just about everything. I took delivery at my back from Gavin at a convenient coffee shop in Hong Kong :D. Do mention my name, not that he will give me anything but because he is a super guy in support and doing great work! :thumbs:

Best regards,
Anders

jonoslack

Having considered long and hard I'll have
128mp Leica M12 + 24-120 f4 elmar AF zoom

Last edited:

Arjuna

Jorgen

I am afraid that you are demonstrating your unfamiliarity with Leica terminology: an f/1.4 would be a VarioLux; a VarioCron would only be an f/2.0.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jorgen

I am afraid that you are demonstrating your unfamiliarity with Leica terminology: an f/1.4 would be a VarioLux; a VarioCron would only be an f/2.0.
By the time the M12 will be on the market , the Leica terminology might have changed . :ROTFL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen

:ROTFL: That's what happens when I post too early in the morning. It should of course have been an f0.95 Varionoct :facesmack:

Lax Jought

Alright I previously posted an M9 (or upcoming M10 with increased ISO performance) with a Noctilux. Let's face it, I'll never be able to afford the Noctilux.

So I'd be happy with another lens that I also can't afford, a Summilux f/1.4.

Failing that, a Voigtlander f/1.1.

EH21

Rollei Hy6/AFi body and AFi-ii 12 back with the 90mm schneider APO Macro would be my choice, but probably I'd be just as happy with the schneider 60mm curtagon, 50/2.8, 80/2, or 110/2.

mathomas

One camera: Hasselblad focal-plane body + 80mm

Sexy camera: Hasselblad focal-plane body + 80mm

(focal plane for a bit more versatility, but just about any V-Series would do)

archivue

i will keep my Rm3d and probably the 55... or the 45 and will have my phone call iphone (not a 2 camera a mobilphone ! ;-) and Hipsmatic for familly stuff...