The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Camera, One Lens!

mathomas

Kit,

Rather than grab my iPhone for a snap;

Leafs neue 56 Megapixelkamera AFi-II 10 lieferbar - Bildergalerie - 2009/04/SideB_WL_tilt.jpg - Vollbild

Rolleiflex Hy6

Staring at the 6x6cm focus screen through folding viewfinder and then inspect on 6x7cm Leaf display is in some ways like nirvana. The rotating sensor works super, and the tilt display is a clear plus.

Have had a ball at amateur shoots in Shanghai last 3-4 months with the setup. See attached or my Chinese blog Anders_HK :D

Best regards,
Anders

P.S. Never intended to get Hy6. Was looking at Hassy V to escape the pina of Mamiya 645. Handling the Hy6 easily convinced me. It feels as what a modern version of Hassy V should be. The Xenotar 80/2.8 PQS is the sharpest and most wonderful character lens I have owned. Order of an Alpa is obvious on hold... :(. Also worth to mention, my combo easily fits in a small bag on my shoulder. Folks with Nikon, Canon and the like show up with big bags to the photo shoot gatherings... :). The setup makes me really enjoy and focus on photography rather than struggle with yet another gear. I very much enjoy!!!
Oh my. Why did I have to see this? Now I want one. Of course, I'll never spend the kind of $$$ this setup probably requires, but it does look like what the Hassy V-Series could/should have become.

Anders_HK

it does look like what the Hassy V-Series could/should have become.
+1

Interesting you say. I very seriously looked at Hassy V as a means to get out of Mamiya 645 which was a system and camera I had a number of problems with and did not like. The lenses are no less sharp than Hassy V, and with characters unlike Mamiya 645 of which the best are mere sharp. Each of the Rollei lenses also have a name so you know what rendering to expect... Plus Hy6 gave me AF and more...

Yet, all it is, is a tool, but a very good tool to work with. :chug:

MaxKißler

Joerg,

that's one hell of an ugly camera but I love it anyway. ;)
Seems like there is nothing a whole lotta duct tape can't fix. Even if it's the lack of an autofocus WLF camera...

joegl

Max,

this is the only afd 645 waistlevel Mamiya in nearly full working modus exept measering.
af is fine. behind the tape there is an 4x4 Hasselblad Finder

Joerg