The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

1st Shoot w/ the Hassy V System

A

alexisgc33

Hey Guys!

I posted a while ago about thinking of going MF & getting the V-system. Well, I bought the Cameras w/ a few lenses. What I got exactly was:

Hassy 503cw & 500c/m
50mm CF F4
80mm CF F2.8
150mm CF F4
Extension tube16E
Extension tube32E

Some of my first impression coming from 35mm Digital Canon is how wide the 50mm lens is. I didn't think it would be so wide but it's pretty good. This has me excited b/c I also have access to the 40mm F4 CFE IF lens!!!!!! :) Another thing is how little distortion these lenses have! The 50 is pretty wide but you can shoot pretty close w/ no extreme distortion. The 80mm is "suppose" to be like a 50mm in 35mm... but if I slap on my extension tube on the 80, I can shoot an extremely close-up portrait and it looks distortion free!!

one thing I'm having trouble with is nailing down the focus! I'm having a really hard time knowing if it's in focus or not. Even using the magnifier doesn't help me much. It's actually almost worse for me!! If I'm not viewing it exactly over the center & move a little bit toward the edge, everything looks blurry. So I have to look & squint really hard to see if my image is in focus or not. I guess it's more practice, practice & practice that I need.

I haven't had a chance to use the CFV 39 yet in a real shoot. I did however tested it at the rental house. It's extremely EASY to use & also worked tethered perfect w/ my IBM laptop!! I cannot wait to use it. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is how it's cropped & not square.

These two samples were shot in film & scanned (equivalent to a 24mp file) on Kodak Ektar ISO 25 film. I hope it's okay that I'm posting these here.

thanks everyone for their help & input before.

tnabbott

Hey Guys!

These two samples were shot in film & scanned (equivalent to a 24mp file) on Kodak Ektar ISO 25 film.
Great shots, thanks for sharing!

Where do you get Ektar ISO 25 film? Is it old stock? Just curious, one film shooter to another.

Thanks.