The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP shows how to do fine art

To distract everyone from the D800 discussions, Digital Photography magazine in the UK has been influencing my approach to fine art photography quite strongly. This should probably go in a technique section or something, but it seemed particularly pertinent to the MFDB users in the group. I felt somehow changed afterwards.

Fine Art Studio Workshop.mov - YouTube

:cry:

Ben Rubinstein

Really proud of myself, managed to watch through almost half of it before my brain turned to cheese. The OP was sarcastic right? Please tell me it was.

tsjanik

To distract everyone from the D800 discussions, ........ I felt somehow changed afterwards.
:cry:
I think we all are changed by watching that Paul.
Certainly more chuckles here than in the D800 vs MFD thread

Why was there never " are you selling your M9 now that the 7D has 18MP" thread?

V

Vivek

Lemonade...hmmmm..yummy!

I look forward to the next installment using a Lava lamp.:D

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering when they would get naked and start shooting something interesting LOL
-bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well it was more visually interesting by not having some crusty bearded old sage talk about light fall off and modifiers I suppose. :D

+1 on the fruit & paints idea ... :thumbs:

6x7

Bud if we taught a class like this than i would be standing in the same unemployment line with ya. ROTFLMAO

bob got it almost right.. this must be a sexual voyeur thing… :) it's all about looking at girls dealing with sophisticated technical stuff…

GUY, you may be sooo wrong… try to anounce a class where YOU hand over your tech cam, IQ back, tripod and cube (separate pieces) to a blonde high heeled girl whith the purpose to let her assamble all and finaly take a shot…

I'd book that class in a second :)

peter

any supporters for this idea ??

Ben Rubinstein

bob got it almost right.. this must be a sexual voyeur thing… :) it's all about looking at girls dealing with sophisticated technical stuff…

GUY, you may be sooo wrong… try to anounce a class where YOU hand over your tech cam, IQ back, tripod and cube (separate pieces) to a blonde high heeled girl whith the purpose to let her assamble all and finaly take a shot…

I'd book that class in a second :)

peter

any supporters for this idea ??
I'd want the video of it serialised! We could go onto using the cube, stitching, graduated grads, focusing an M9, it could be great!

Agnius

They almost look like they know what they are talking about, but then illusion quickly disappears. Or is it the other way around? Anyways, it definitely leaves room for improvement in so many ways. But, at least, couple more people who are "working" in photography field!

cng

You all DO realise that this video is exactly what most people think "real" photographers are like. Or David Hemmings astride a model in Blowup. Close call either way.

Anyway ... My favourite representation of photographers ever filmed is in Zoolander: "You're a monkey Derek! You're a monkey, dance monkey!". I tell my friends this happens ALL ... THE ... TIME.

(OMG did I just use the phrase <"real" photographers> in a sentence? I'm off to do some penance to appease the gods of hubris. Perhaps with some fruit and some paint.)