The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP shows how to do fine art

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
They must think their video was a success based on the number of views from this forum alone.
-bob

fotografz

Cute little session for introducing kids to fun photography.

But you'd have to keep your eye on them all the time ... or next thing you know, they'd be dropping a cat in the tank. :)

-Marc

Quentin_Bargate

Best of all, you get a refreshing glass of lemonade with the shoot :rolleyes:

Hopefully slightly better then their effort, - but no lemonade :eek:

jonoslack

So you were so inspired after watching this video you gave it a try Quentin! ;)
yes - but in the true spirit of Bob, those are actually REAL BOTTOMS in Quentin's picture - it's just his stunning PP work which has turned them into peaches.

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Gareth, all, yes I was so inspired by the combo of suggestive fruit and lemonade that I simply had to try! Actually the truth is I shot this some time ago, and no lemondade in sight. I might have had a glass of wine nearby... And as this is ahe MF forum, I am pleased to report I used the H4D-50 and 120 macro.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's a good thing that this was posted in the MF forum, so that we normal punters don't get the impression that we would be able to do it too. I mean: coloured pencils in lemonade. I wouldn't even know what kind of lemonade to buy :confused:

johnnygoesdigital

I've never been one to go with the flow, so why start now...

Based on these comments, I could be sitting in a men's club with half naked sweaty dudes in a sauna.

I think there's some good pointers for newbies, and far more fun to watch!

gazwas

I could be sitting in a men's club with half naked sweaty dudes in a sauna.
That video is later on in the series! :D

As for good pointers for newbies. They keep using all the wrong terminology or mixing it up and that must be very difficult and confusing for beginners to understand.

"I've got the camera set to 125 to coincide with the light flashing"

"I'm using a narrow depth of field....f29"

You must have watched a different video as this is the last thing I would recommend any beginner to watch. :loco:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I've never been one to go with the flow, so why start now...

Based on these comments, I could be sitting in a men's club with half naked sweaty dudes in a sauna.

I think there's some good pointers for newbies, and far more fun to watch!
No its the worst thing a newbie could watch as it is all bad info. I would NEVER EVER teach anything like this and worse put it on U Tube. They explained nothing that was even remotely important. This is the problem its all **** and the art of photography keeps getting lost daily to idiots that put this crap on.

Little harsh yea it is but it is a insult to real instructors that actually TEACH. :wtf:

J

jcoffin

I thought the video of the lady telling people how to become a professional photographer by using P mode was more entertaining, and about equally informative.

johnnygoesdigital

I thought the pencils under lit was a good idea. Perhaps what she meant was to turn up the lights so you can use a smaller F stop... oh, I don't know! They have british accents!