The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Settings for landscape on a Leaf Aptus II

weeks82

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Leaf Aptus II back and am wondering about suggested settings on it. I'm using it mostly for landscape & architecture. Any thoughts on these settings would be much appreciated.

Under the "Image Settings" menu

1)Development Curve
2)Color Management. On or off ?
3)Sharpness

Thanks for your time.

Sheldon N

To piggy back on this question... does anyone know if Lightroom recognizes any of these settings when you import the .MOS files?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I don't know what others use but I've always set my Aptus 65 to use Aptus 65 Product for the develop curve, ProPhotoRGB for color (although I can't remember if C1 uses this, maybe Leaf Capture does) and sharpness is set to off. I prefer to override the sharpness anyway in C1 when I process the images.

There's a document somewhere on the Leaf/Phase One site that has examples of all of the various develop curves. I equate these with the old 'looks' that Kodak used to provide for the DCS645 back. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Here you go: http://support.phaseone.com/KBFiles/2138/1/techbull_leaf_image_profiles.pdf
and
http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/article.aspx?articleid=2138&languageid=1

yaya

If you use Leaf Capture then ALL the settings are relevant as it will pick all of them off the RAW file, and that includes even stuff like crop. The Philosophy behind it is that you spend 2 minutes setting stuff up in the field and once you are back at the computer, you select your chosen images, hit "Process" and go have dinner with your client

The above is obviously an ideal scenario and YMMV

If you use Capture One it'll pick the WB and then you can select one of the Leaf Profiles and curves in the software but it will default to Product settings

If you use 3rd party apps e.g. LR it'll only pick the WB

Iridient's Raw Developer can also use Leaf profiles and curves

Hope this helps

yair