The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does 41 Mpix count as Medium format ?

Terry

I read this AM that the symbian phone with this camera is jot going to be sold in the US.

Stefan Steib

After thinking about it for a while, I would say the most impressive part is the lowlight capability. There are some samples shot by night of people moving fast nevertheless pin sharp at 5 or 8 Mpix and a very low color noise. I´d say about close to APS-C maybe not of the latest generation like a 7D but like a Canon 550. In regards of sharpness the downsampled image is certainly better than with a 18-55 kit lens !

A mobile phone !!!

Regards
Stefan

V

Vivek

no it wont kill MF or other specialized cameras, neither even DSLR but for P&S, its game over
I would not be that rash.

What if the future P&S cams come with a built in microwave oven or a coffee maker? :D

Stefan Steib

I always wondered why companies like Samsung or LG in Korea or Sony in Japan who do both P&S AND Mobile phones did not go the way of just taking a P&S and put a mobile phone inside. this probably would make them only a fraction bigger but incredibly more valuable for many people.
I can just guess, the different divisons in these companies defend their claims and prevent this.

How Stupid !

regards
Stefan

Terry

Panasonic just did it.

Android Phone + Lumix Camera = Panasonic’s LUMIX Phone 101P For Japan | TechCrunch

I always wondered why companies like Samsung or LG in Korea or Sony in Japan who do both P&S AND Mobile phones did not go the way of just taking a P&S and put a mobile phone inside. this probably would make them only a fraction bigger but incredibly more valuable for many people.
I can just guess, the different divisons in these companies defend their claims and prevent this.

How Stupid !

regards
Stefan

T

tanya111

Exactly its not about the no of pixels but its image quality also depends..and Nokia lumia 808 is having this feature.

J

jatin

No,its not just like that..
Even from this 41 megapixel camera the images seems more than enough clear just like they seems as real pictures.
not only by name this 41 megapixel phone has proved its worth too.