The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adobe / Hasselblad Press Release

gazwas

David, are Hasselblad moving away from software developments and Phocus?

Seems an odd match to give away a piece of software that does similar things to your own. I personally can't stand LR and hate the whole upgrade cycle forced upon us by Adobe. Personally, following my brief dealings with Phocus I found it a much happier environment to work in than my previous many months of LR2 drudgery while waiting for the release of Capture One 5 Pro and support for the 1DsIII.

John Black

More importantly, LR does not support lens cast corrections. That's a pretty critical step with many medium format work flows. And Phocus has the lens correction algorithms, so are those replicated in LR?

gazwas

Just had the email about this.

Who on earth came up with that advert?

Lennon and McCartney are likened to Hasselblad and Lightroom..........? :LOL:

I would much prefer to have read horse muck and rose bed (Blad being the rose). ;)

T

testshoot

at least it will be more stable. i usually do my best work at the end of a shoot, and lately phocus has been corrupting a LOT when i get the energy level up

Jay Emm

Ditto to testshoot's comment. A tethered shoot on Phocus can't hang at times, very annoying. Do like the lens profiles in Phocus though, they are very good and keep me using it. Maybe this Lightroom deal is in preparation for a forthcoming Hasselblad consumer camera - Photokina maybe??

Stuart Richardson

Seems like a very good move for Hasselblad. Lightroom is getting better and better, and it has a complete end to end solution for most images now. With the lens profiles and the addition of soft-proofing in lightroom 4, I find that I am only ever in photoshop for complex masking or spotting. . Let Adobe do the heavy lifting. Now, I know it will not happen in a million years, but it would be nice if they put those Phocus software techs back on updating FlexColor for all the thousands of labs, institutions and users stuck on decade old software! Better yet, work with adobe in creating a fully functional plugin to allow the scanners to work natively with lightroom. That would be a miracle...