Site Sponsors

Thread: cfv back on mamiya rz

Post Thanks / Like

cfv back on mamiya rz

Exploring as many of the possibilities and permutations as I can before diving into the big fish pond, does anyone know if the Hasselbad CFV backs can be put on the Mamiya RZ, and if so what adaptor and cable ware is required please? Thank you for any helpful info.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cfv back on mamiya rz

just found out there's a hasselblad i-adaptor for rz...I guess this is it but what sort of cabling does it need, anyone know?
    Last edited by arionelli; 5th March 2012 at 04:26.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cfv back on mamiya rz

The iAdapter is for the CF-series back, if I am not mistaken. Not sure about the CFV, but if you can get the CFV to trigger via the flash sync cable, you just need a V-mount adapter to get it going.

I say this out of experience with a V-mount Aptus 54S digital back. I have the Mamiya adapter (HX704?) that allows me to attach any V-mount back on the Mamiya RZ67 (I have a Pro, not Pro II or IID). I connect a flash sync cable from the lens to the flash sync port on the back and when the lens fires, it triggers a capture on the back. I believe the CFVs may have the port (it's a mini-stereo port of some sort.
    My images on 500px : http://500px.com/ghoonk
    H4D-40 | Xpan | Leica M9P | Leica M Monochrom | X100 | Hasselblad 500CM | 501CM | 503CXi