Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

  1. #1
    Jakub Certowicz
    Guest

    Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    This is my first post, so hello everyone!
    I'm preparing to use some dslr lenses with P45 or bigger one.
    Anyone tested Nikkor 14-24 with lens shade sewed off as Stefan Steib metioned once ? I need to know how big is the image cirlce of this lens.
    Regards!
    Jakub

  2. #2
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Jakub

    here is a sample as it looks on a [email protected] when the 14-24 still has the Sunshade .

    http://www.hcam.de/downloads/HCam-P4...-24GED-F11.jpg

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #3
    Jakub Certowicz
    Guest

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Thanks Stefan but unfortunately it means that You haven`t test 14-24 without lens shade Am I right?
    This photo shows that it should cover the whole P45 frame but maybe You have an idea whats more than this?
    Sharpness near the lens shade looks impressive. I suppose You haven`t use any LCC corrections in C1? What about CA corrections?
    I`ve got 14-24 but I`m not sure if this is good idea to "saw off" the lens shade before I`m sure it works.
    I`m sorry for my poor English, it`s not my first language.
    Thanks one more time.

    Regards,
    Jakub

  4. #4
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    No LCC or any correction at all - this is just opened with C1 6.3.3 standard settings and saved as JPG.

    I will buy a 14-24mm soon, because I really want to find out.
    we have now done the 17mm and 24mm TSE mods for larger movements with 80 Mpix
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hamburg/Beijing
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    wow so the image circle of the tse 17mm is not enough to cover a mf fullframe chip?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    It is large enough, but with the modification we improve movements and get better closeup, preventing barrel vignetting with 80 Mpix.

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hamburg/Beijing
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    do you have a single shot sample of the ts-e 17mm?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    I will post samples with IQ 180 as soon as we are ready with testing it. The rebuild was just finished and we are now evaluating the mods. We have invested several days of work on this and we will offer this as a paid service. It takes about 5-6 hours per lens and we will charge 400 €(+taxes +shipment) per lens including handling and changed parts. The inner Tube is massive metal, the whole inner mechanism is mounted on this and because of this the whole lens needs to be taken apart and the back part has to be “reconstructed” (no joke!). This is only be done by an experienced and very well equipped camera mechanic.

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    I will post samples with IQ 180 as soon as we are ready with testing it. The rebuild was just finished and we are now evaluating the mods. We have invested several days of work on this and we will offer this as a paid service. It takes about 5-6 hours per lens and we will charge 400 €(+taxes +shipment) per lens including handling and changed parts. The inner Tube is massive metal, the whole inner mechanism is mounted on this and because of this the whole lens needs to be taken apart and the back part has to be “reconstructed” (no joke!). This is only be done by an experienced and very well equipped camera mechanic.

    Regards
    Stefan
    I have both the 17mm TSE and the 24mm (among numerous others), and I'm rather interested in this modification. Post-modification, how large (approximately) is the image circle? Right now, movements are fairly limited on my HCam with the 17/24. . .how much movement (with a Leaf Aptus-II 12) would I see post-mod?
    --
    Gabe

  10. #10
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Gabe

    the lenses will go to test next week, I hope we have results in about 2 weeks.

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Gabe

    the lenses will go to test next week, I hope we have results in about 2 weeks.

    Regards
    Stefan
    Thanks, Stefan. Currently, the image circle for both lenses, I believe, is around 67mm (easily handles full frame 645, but not much in terms of movements). If you could get the IC to somewhere around 80mm (or greater), I'd be ecstatic. I currently have the Zeiss 35mm PC and the Schneider 90mm PC which both have something to the effect of 83mm of image circle, which I'm rather happy with (thus, the 80mm benchmark).

    Laboratory results aside, what are your current estimated projections of image circle expansion for these lenses?
    --
    Gabe

  12. #12
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Hi Gabe

    I´m sure The Image Circles of the Canons are even bigger than 80mm.
    This was proved and tested by me with my P45+ that I used for 2 years.
    with the P45+ the 17mm had about 6-7mm vertikal and about 8 horizontal, the 24mm nearly the full lens movements of 10-12mm
    What we see here with the 80 Mpix backs is Barrel vignetting.
    And this was the reason we removed the Barrel part inside.
    Of course Canon never planned to see their lenses on an HCam.....
    There is a limit though which is a product of distance of the back lens to the most narrow part of that system which is the EF mount.
    This will limit also the usage of (real)Superteles, where the back lenses are far away from the mount. Telezooms on the other hand which use lenses close to the mount will perfectly funktion very often.
    And this also happens when you go Macro, wich is probably not a strength of the HCam, BUT you can very well do it with a lens like the 2,8/60mm Nikon AFD where the lens is close to the mount.

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Any update on the lens modifications for MFDB? I'm curious to see the possibilities!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Zug/Zurich (Switzerland), Dubai, Sydney
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Jakub

    here is a sample as it looks on a [email protected] when the 14-24 still has the Sunshade .

    http://www.hcam.de/downloads/HCam-P4...-24GED-F11.jpg

    Regards
    Stefan
    Wow. Thats an unbelievable amount of barrel distortion. Think I'll stick to the 23HR for now.......
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    I'm not understanding why people would want to use a 14-24 with medium format? Not even close in my opinion to the rodi lenses. I understand the want to use the new Canon tilt/shifts, I also understand using old zeiss lenses and lenses with a unique look, but 14-24? That test photo does not show any quality or artistic edge that helps me understand at all...

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by shortpballer View Post
    I'm not understanding why people would want to use a 14-24 with medium format? Not even close in my opinion to the rodi lenses. I understand the want to use the new Canon tilt/shifts, I also understand using old zeiss lenses and lenses with a unique look, but 14-24? That test photo does not show any quality or artistic edge that helps me understand at all...
    But there isn't a Rodenstock 14mm.

    What's the harm in a little experimentation? It would be a dull world if nobody even ever tried this stuff out.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    @Siebel + shortpballer

    the Nikon at 14mm on a MF back has an image angle of 134,8 degr. diagonal at f 2,8 which you can focus visually very easily.

    the 23mm Rodenstock (with no movements at large chips and color shifts and center filter- means real aperture of f8-11-have fun at focusing it visually......) has an image angle of only 111,2 degr. diagonal which is a whole different league.

    We don´t talk about "artistic" here. We talk about hard facts in car interior photography,interior architecture, large buildings in narrow roads, closeups with spectacular angles and other features you cannot realise with any other solution right now.

    Who needs wideangle knows what a godsent this is.

    I am close to buy a 14-24mm. First thing I will do is saw this shade off.....
    BTW- the new Zeiss 15mm Distagon seems to have an even larger image circle and the shade is also removeable (I was told so by Zeiss).

    Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

    PS.: forgot the pricing. The HR Digaron 23mm is 7200 € the Nikon 14-24mm is 1500 €......
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    I don't think anyone would question that if the 23HR will do the job, and if you have one available, then it's going to do the job better than, say, the Canon 24 TSE-II.

    But the simple fact is, there are jobs it can't do. And there are jobs that, for example, the 17TSE on an HCam or FPS with a full frame sensor, work very well for.

    Having this weird and whacky kit means you can sometimes get shots that would otherwise be impossible to pull off.

    Personally, I appreciate having the opportunity to pull off the seemingly impossible because at some point in the past, someone was crazy enough to say "hey... I wonder whether this would work...?"

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Zug/Zurich (Switzerland), Dubai, Sydney
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Stefan & Gerald, take a chill pill. I am just yanking your chain. I am an architectural shooter, so you are preaching to the converted re ultra-wides. If there was a proven, viable lens wider than the 23, I would have it in a flash. Go ahead and experiment, I'm all for it. I'll even help where I can. I'm taking the p_ss primarily because the 14-24, with all the inherant compromizes of a short zoom, is probably the last place I would start. Stefans and others work with the 17 Canon has my attention for sure, but the 14-24???? I'm not looking for a cheap solution that kinda works. I want something that will rival the 23Rodie for quality, but wider FOV and covering the 80MP sensor.
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Funny,
    I wrote something kind of like this then decided not to say it lol. But to me just a zoom on a tech camera is just not right. I haven't even taken thoughts on zooms in years. No one chooses all manual cameras that take 5 times longer to take a picture to add a zoom which in turn actually makes a workflow maybe even longer. But as you say, the canon 17 and some of the zeiss lenses have my attention for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by siebel View Post
    Stefan & Gerald, take a chill pill. I am just yanking your chain. I am an architectural shooter, so you are preaching to the converted re ultra-wides. If there was a proven, viable lens wider than the 23, I would have it in a flash. Go ahead and experiment, I'm all for it. I'll even help where I can. I'm taking the p_ss primarily because the 14-24, with all the inherant compromizes of a short zoom, is probably the last place I would start. Stefans and others work with the 17 Canon has my attention for sure, but the 14-24???? I'm not looking for a cheap solution that kinda works. I want something that will rival the 23Rodie for quality, but wider FOV and covering the 80MP sensor.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by siebel View Post
    Stefan & Gerald, take a chill pill. I am just yanking your chain. I am an architectural shooter, so you are preaching to the converted re ultra-wides. If there was a proven, viable lens wider than the 23, I would have it in a flash. Go ahead and experiment, I'm all for it. I'll even help where I can. I'm taking the p_ss primarily because the 14-24, with all the inherant compromizes of a short zoom, is probably the last place I would start. Stefans and others work with the 17 Canon has my attention for sure, but the 14-24???? I'm not looking for a cheap solution that kinda works. I want something that will rival the 23Rodie for quality, but wider FOV and covering the 80MP sensor.
    I don't think anyone is in need of a chill pill.

    I think you're in for a very long wait for anything approaching the 23HR quality but with the FoV of the Canon 17 TS-E, and I would imagine the cost would be astronomical.

    Having said that, I'm having a processed version of this blown up to 2 meters wide, so I'll let you know how it comes out. It should be fine to look at from a natural viewing distance.

    Sure, it's not remotely Rodie quality, but I'd rather have this quality, than no quality at all (below is basically unprocessed and was only a VERY quick dump purely for copyright registration purposes).



    Another one, that shows why I wanted it this wide...



    I'll be taking a Max and a 23HR to the same location sometime in February. No fireworks then of course, but I'll do a comparison between the HR, 17 and 24 TS-E's. We all know what the result will be though

  22. #22
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Well there are 3 advantages of the TSE24mm against the HR23 Digaron:

    1.: http://www.hcam.de/downloads/IQ180-24mmTSE-02.jpg

    6 mm shift upwards on the IQ180, no LCC needed, no centerfilter needed

    2.: 2000 € against 7200€

    3.: I can use shift and Tilt (at the same time! which frame can do this with the HR23mm ???? ) and still have a visible image that I can focus to !

    Sorry folks, but real wideangles like the Schneiders are completely out of useage, the Rodenstock (which is a retrofocus design !) has maxed out for usability at about 40 Mpix and chipsizes of the P45+ or smaller.

    Rodenstock was on the right path when they designed it, but they were not consequent enough foreseeing the actual 80 Mpix 5,2 Microns at that chip size.

    regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Zug/Zurich (Switzerland), Dubai, Sydney
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Stefan, I have to say that all looks pretty promising, but as someone who already owns a 23, I am more interested in the work you are doing with the 17. Do keep me up to date. I'll be in touch directly sometime in April, from which time I will be living in Switzerland.
    Cheers.
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Zug/Zurich (Switzerland), Dubai, Sydney
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Gerald, were you shooting through window glass? Whats with the secondary image of the fireworks? I hope these are mega-low res versions, cause the res these indicate certainly doesn't cut it.
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com

  25. #25
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Hi All,

    Just enjoying the optical considerations of all this. I'm surprised the image circle on some of these 35mm format lenses have such a big image circle.

    In any case Stefen, below is the link to detailed instructions on how to remove the Zeiss 15mm hood, which is a completely reversable process, (if so desired).

    LensRentals.com - Zeiss 15mm Hood Removal

    Dave (D&A)

  26. #26
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Hi Dave

    Thanks for the link ! Yes this was what Zeiss already told me on Photokina.
    I need to call them again and ask for a converted one, I do so many things and forget others, I sometimes wish I could split myself into two or even four Stefans to get everything done.............

    Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by siebel View Post
    Gerald, were you shooting through window glass? Whats with the secondary image of the fireworks? I hope these are mega-low res versions, cause the res these indicate certainly doesn't cut it.
    Nope, that's the cross-talk problem with the IQ180. It's been discussed here before.

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    And "doesn't cut it" for what?

    It's an impossible image with any other kit other than a 17 TSE on a full frame digital back.

    It was good enough for the Expo2020 bid to hunt me down because they want to use it in Davos, it was good enough for Gizmodo to feature it, and it was good enough for the Crown Prince of Dubai to select it as his favorite shot of the New Year's celebrations in Dubai.

    Like I said before. I'd rather be able to shoot that quality with the TS-E, than not be able to shoot the image at all.

  29. #29
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Hi Dave

    Thanks for the link ! Yes this was what Zeiss already told me on Photokina.
    I need to call them again and ask for a converted one, I do so many things and forget others, I sometimes wish I could split myself into two or even four Stefans to get everything done.............

    Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Hi Stefen,

    You're welcome. I think there are quite a few who use the Zeiss 15mm on a number of different camera systems, who would like to see this lens designed with a removeable hood for a wide variety of applications. I would think it wouldn't be too hard for Zeiss to do this but wish they had done so in the original design.

    Stefen, I hear you. I too would like 2, 3 or 4 of "me", so I could get everything I need to get done, each day. Either that or extend a day to be longer than 24 hrs...LOL!

    Of course there is always cloning, but I fear that if there would three or four of "me", they'd spend the entire day arguing just "how" and in what order to get things done and that would end up being as much as a time waster as anything else. Of course each one would want their own medium format camera system too! So ultimately we have to be mindful of what we wish for

    Dave (D&A)

  30. #30
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    >>>>>>Stefen, I hear you. I too would like 2, 3 or 4 of "me", so I could get everything I need to get done, each day. Either that or extend a day to be longer than 24 hrs...LOL!

    Of course there is always cloning, but I fear that if there would three or four of "me", they'd spend the entire day arguing just "how" and in what order to get things done and that would end up being as much as a time waster as anything else. Of course each one would want their own medium format camera system too! So ultimately we have to be mindful of what we wish for <<<<<<<<<<

    of course I would be the "chef" of the other 3 and would be sitting and drinking coffee and give them orders............
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #31
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    >>>>>>Stefen, I hear you. I too would like 2, 3 or 4 of "me", so I could get everything I need to get done, each day. Either that or extend a day to be longer than 24 hrs...LOL!

    Of course there is always cloning, but I fear that if there would three or four of "me", they'd spend the entire day arguing just "how" and in what order to get things done and that would end up being as much as a time waster as anything else. Of course each one would want their own medium format camera system too! So ultimately we have to be mindful of what we wish for <<<<<<<<<<

    of course I would be the "chef" of the other 3 and would be sitting and drinking coffee and give them orders............
    In an ideal world, that would be the way to go ....although I would also ask one of those clones to start removing the hood on the Zeiss 15mm! LOL!

    DAve (D&A)

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    I'm going to be testing out the 15mm Distagon on the HCam/IQ180 tomorrow. Won't be able to take the lens shade off I'm afraid, but hopefully will get a decent idea as to how it performs.

  33. #33
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Hi Gerald

    How did it work ? I need to call Mr. Horn in Oberkochen. I have an IQ180 now for testing with it.

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Unfortunately, I couldn't arrange to meet with the guy who has one.

    I do now have a Rodie 23 HR, so hope to do a comparison between it and the 24 TSE soon

  35. #35
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Ok so I need to do this soon. I promise.
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    The Zeiss 15mm -



    Hmm. Someone's going to have to buy one and take the hood off, and that ain't gonna be me!

  37. #37
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Hi Gerald

    Spoke to Dr. Nasse today and I think they will send me one with the hood removed. He will get back to me soon.

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  38. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Great - look forward to it

    For comparison, here's the same shot with the 17 TS-E


  39. #39
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Nikkor 14-24 with digital back. Question.

    Hi Gerald

    I personally think the 14-24mm Nikkor is more likely to work with a larger net image angle. But we will see.

    BTW- you need our upgrade for the TS-E lenses !

    Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •