The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Smashing Pocketwizards against a wall!

gss

Another thing you might try would be to use a PocketWizard MultiMax in sniffer mode to determine where the interference is strongest. Unfortunately the new PlusIIIs don't have the noise-sniffing feature, so the expensive one is the only option.

If you are anywhere near LA or San Diego, I can loan you a MultiMax for the test.

J

jeffacme

I have not had any interference issue with Air Sync in studio or on location.

S

Shelby Lewis

How close are your PW's?

Sometimes I've had trouble if shooting in close proximity... there is a definitely a "too close for comfort" distance with some of the pocketwizards. Shooting weddings, sometimes if I was in the macro range shooting wedding rings and the camera and the remote flash were in close proximity I'd get misfires.

fotografz

How close are your PW's?

Sometimes I've had trouble if shooting in close proximity... there is a definitely a "too close for comfort" distance with some of the pocketwizards. Shooting weddings, sometimes if I was in the macro range shooting wedding rings and the camera and the remote flash were in close proximity I'd get misfires.
I was thinking the same thing Shelby.

I know when you register the channel on the older Profoto Compact R with PW receivers, you had to press and hold the PW sender button for a couple of seconds, and if you were too close to the light, it wouldn't register ... first time that happened I thought the internal receiver or PW transmitter was defective.

-Marc