The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tech camera caught in a downpour

schuster

You tromp with tripod, Cube or other pricey head, Alpa/Arca/Cambo/Linhof/Plaubel/ArcBody/etc tech cam and attached Rodenstock/Schneider/Fuji/etc lens and PhaseOne/Leaf back, to a vantage point 1000ft/305m from your car. You make some excellent captures and completely unexpectedly, you and your gear gets drenched in a downpour.
:eek:
You run back to the car with your gear... then what? Probably the Phase/Leaf back is just fine, but do you let everything air dry without touching any controls... or towel dry with or without removing lens and back... or hit everything with a hair dryer as soon as you get home... or ????

Shashin

I would dry it with a cloth and then put it in an air-tight container/bag with some desiccant overnight to suck up the moisture. I would not heat it with a hair drier.

Shashin

I know this is a little late, but when I carry my camera around my neck, I slide a waterproof stuff sack over it to act as lens/camera protection from dust and stuff--I just cinch the string to hold it there. The sack goes in my pocket while shooting, but in a spot of bad weather, I can put it over the camera, even if mounted on a tripod.

Don't worry too much. A member has already dropped their Leaf back into water and it seems to have survived.

Shashin

One more thought. Call your dealer and ask what they recommend--it seems to be a common problem with Leaf/Phase owners.