The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just a recent shot C+C welcome

malmac

Paul

A bit hard to comment in more than a general way without knowing the purpose of the assignment.

What is being showcased here? The ladies, the swim wear the hair?

Pleasant lighting with a background that compliments the portraits.

A general comment, I find the camera location and I assume the focal length in the first shot makes the young lady look all head and hair and she looks less femanine because her hips become deminished.

I trust these comments are useful - as I have always found getting constructive feedback rather hard to get.

Regards

mal

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
First off, great looking models are always a pleasure to view! That said, I am going to be a wee bit critical of the lighting and make-up :D. Top model has a hot spot on her forehead that is clipped so the skin color around it goes wonky, at least in the web jpeg rendering. On the second model, I am not bothered by the hard light on her hip as her face is well lit. However, her make-up for her face is a different tone than the rest of her body, at least for her posing in a bikini showing all the other skin that doesn't match her face -- fine for portraits or clothed shots, not so good for bikini work. First model is much better in this regard.

The set is fine and well lit, but the floor slopes like the camera is cocked a little. Then in the first image there's something black -- probably the model's or your jacket -- hanging on the door that is distracting since it complicates the shape of a door we'd expect to see. You don't see it in the second image so no bother there.

All in all, I like the look of the set, like the look of the models, and think it is above average as it is, but it could be stellar if you managed these last few details a bit better -- :thumbs:

Just my .02 though,

P

Paul66

Thanks for all the great comments.
The shoot was for a leather designer, she failed to bring everything to the shoot so the young lady with the black shirt and white bottom was out of outfit, I agree with the makeup, the makeup artist is the clients daughter........ As is the first model.

As for the doorway that is the shape of the door, this is one of the roughest areas in the city of St Louis MO, we had to sweep away needles used for heroin or what ever other drugs they use.