The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A New Phase (One Dealer)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I hope the board will forgive me for a brief business-related personal note.

I'm very happy to announce that I have changed jobs and locales. Three weeks ago I resigned my position at Capture Integration (CI) and as of today I am a proud member of the team at Digital Transitions (DT).

DT is the largest Phase One dealer in the country and also a major dealer for Mamiya Leaf, Arca Swiss, Cambo, Profoto, and Eizo. As with my previous job my role will not be sales, but rather making sure our customers and staff have the most accurate, practical, and honest technical knowledge on which to make their decisions and providing training and resources to get the most out of their equipment.

For three months I'll be living in Boston and commuting every other week, and in July my girlfriend Emily and I will be moving to NYC!

I wish Dave, Steve, and the rest of the CI team all the best and am deeply appreciative of the four years I spent on that team. They taught me, above all else, that the customer comes first; a lesson I now hope to carry into my work with DT.

If you live in NYC or are visiting make sure to call me to hit me up for a drink, or stop by the DT office (35 W35th st) to say hello.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Doug,

We are very happy to have you join us at Digital Transitions. It is a great place to work at. I just passed my one year anniversary here.

You have a lot to offer the industry and glad you are back after your little vacation.

Welcome to NYC!

I am also personally very excited to be working right next to you again!!!:)

Lance

fotoflood

Great move! Digital Transitions is the top dealer for medium format in New York. You couldn't have landed in a better place. Good luck!

Jack

Valentin

Best of luck in your new endeavors. It was great meeting you and put a face behind the name.

Make sure you get that "Color Editor" class going soon :)

Dave Gallagher

To all of our great customers on GetDPI,

Our strong relationship/friendship with Jack and Guy is something that we respect dearly. Everyday, we are thankful for all of the incredible customers who continue to support our efforts in this unique marketplace. Over the years, we at CI have tried to create something different. Everyday we try to be more than a business partner to our customers. We feel personally invested in your success and have shown that we will work diligently with you during your highs and your lows. We work hard to understand the advantages and disadvantages of products so we can explain them properly and only suggest the right one for each job. Our team's cell phones are on 24/7 for support and questions. These are just a few important policies that we hold important as a company. This philosophy was created from its outset and is embodied by each and every member of our team.

Did we lose a team member 3 weeks ago? Honestly, no. We lost a family member. We have all been deeply saddened by his departure. Even though we strive to create those strong bonding relationships, this was a wake up call that business is business. This is evident by the fact that we are losing Optech's this year. Paul has been one of the gentlemen in our industry and we are very disappointed that he has decided to step out of our competitive industry.

With this said, I would like to introduce our two technicians that have not been active on this forum since Doug did such a great job himself. Will Godfrey (Atlanta) and Andrei Popovici (Miami) are both Phase One Certified Professionals and have the customer-centric philosophy that Capture Integration is known for.

Our Staff :: Capture Integration – Medium Format Digital Back Sales & Rental and Other Professional Photographic Equipment

The award winning support that has won us "Phase One Partner of the Year" multiple times has not changed and will not change with the shuffle of team members. Our philosophy in business has created success through talented team members. We greatly miss other talented team members such as Tim, Chris Lawery, and Karen but they were replaced by new talent that then learn and exude the CI ideals. Please know that we are as committed to our customers as we have always been. If you have not spoken to Will or Andrei, please feel free to give either office a call for support needs. We look forward to strengthening our customer relationships and continuing to provide you solutions to your businesses.

Sincerely and Respectively,

Dave Gallagher (e-mail Me)

President
Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Mamiya Leaf, Leica, Arca Swiss, Cambo, Profoto, LaCie, Canon, TTI, Broncolor & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 770-846-5223
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

tashley

Subscriber Member
Congrats Doug, you have always been such a strong and tireless resource here and DT are very lucky to get you. And to Dave, I would say may the best man win but both companies are so clearly expert and hard working that they both deserve to do really well.

djonesii

Workshop Member
Doug .... talk your way into a trip to the Dallas office, and a Houston side trip .... Way flat, but there are some things to shoot here.

Best of luck in the new job!

Dave

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Congrats Doug, you have always been such a strong and tireless resource here and DT are very lucky to get you. And to Dave, I would say may the best man win but both companies are so clearly expert and hard working that they both deserve to do really well.
I hope both men win! CI and DT are both great companies and I wish CI nothing but the best.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I hope both men win! CI and DT are both great companies and I wish CI nothing but the best.
I concur and its a pleasure to have both companies on this forum and as ad sponsors as well. This is hard for me in a certain way as I am good dear friends with almost every member of both companies. Jack and I work hard to make sure this forum is well represented with the best people around in this business. These are two shining companies along with our other sponsors that are here. In fact i am traveling this weekend to San Diego to meet up with my wife but detouring to Camera West in Palm Springs to stop in and say hello and pick up some Nikon gear. I always personally buy from our sponsors as they support us we support them. :thumbs:

For Doug I wish you the best as always. Actually Im slight jealous as both my wife and I would love to move back (me) to New York and live. I'm done being a desert rat. LOL