The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best camera bag for medim format cameras

Smoothjazz

I have a few of the F-Stop bags, including the big Such pack-it holds everything? I have always liked their ICU units; very modular. I occasionally do some hiking in the high mountains, and found a company called AARN backpacks in New Zealand. You can order directly from their web site. The unique thing about their packs is they have compartments you attach to the front straps, which essentially balance the pack on your body, which makes a lot of sense in theory. Last time I was hiking in the Tetons with my F Stop back, I stumbled and fell a few times, and think it may have something to do with the pack being off balance- all the weight in the back pulling you backwards.
Anyway, worth exploring if you are so inclined; I have the 'Liquid Agility' backpack from AARN, with a couple of modules attached to the front.

John

algrove

A minimalistic backpack setup when I am ok to sacrifice movements. I always try to set it up so that I can store the camera with whatever lens is mounted. To me this is important. As you see it here it only weighs 5.0 kg.

Looks good, but did I miss the name of the backpack? Or is it the Pelorus?