The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

'Hot pixels!'

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Wayne, the Hasselblad backs have the dark frame info built in. It's not an omission, it's a benefit.
How can you build it in? it varies based on exposure time and temperature. You can calibrate out some of it, but then pretty much every camera maker does that as well.

Didn't seem to work for the OP.

Jeffg53

How can you build it in? it varies based on exposure time and temperature. You can calibrate out some of it, but then pretty much every camera maker does that as well.

Didn't seem to work for the OP.
I think that is up for debate at the moment. He does say that he doesn't actually know what a hot pixel looks like. I don't see any. Maybe David Grover can step in. All I know is that it works for me, and has done so since the H3D.

Here's a link to 'no dark frame' in action: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/mediu...cks/[email protected]

Last edited:

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Try opening a file directly in ACR, that has known effect with hot pixels with some camera's. I will see if i can find the link for the information on it.

Help: Adobe Camera RAW 5.2 NOT Mapping out Hot Pixs on 5D2: Canon EOS-1D / 1Ds / 5D Forum: Digital Photography Review

The hot pixel issue [Archive] - Open Photography Forums
wow, those links are old ... any evidence the issue still exists? They're talking about ACR 5 (7 is due any time now) and the other thread is older than that.

carl-b

wow, those links are old ... any evidence the issue still exists? They're talking about ACR 5 (7 is due any time now) and the other thread is older than that.
Yes Wayne, people are still saying ACR removes the hot pixels. Apparently it was Thomas knoll who wrote that bit into ACR