The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best 3 lens RZ67

MaxKißler

Well, If I had to choose I'd take the 65mm W (no floating elements version), the 110mm W and the 140mm macro L/A. This setup seems just right to me, digitally as well as with film.
Why?
-65mm W: I like the FoV with film. Plus it's compact and makes an ideal standard with a DB (with a DB you wouldn't need the floating elements anyway...).
-110mm W: F/2,8! I need a 50mm equivalent. Makes a great portrait lens with a DB. Ask Shelby :)
-140mm L/A: I heard it's razor sharp and I like the FL.

I could live without the 110mm but the F/2,8 is surely nice.

So in the end I'd recommend choosing the FL you like to work with. I've never heard of anbody claiming that there is a horribly bad lens among the RZ lenses.

Sheldon N

Agree on the recommendations for the 65mm f/4 L-A and 110mm f/2.8 W lenses. Those two are my "go to" lenses for the RZ for a normal lens and short telephoto on an Aptus 22. For a third I'd say the 150mm f/3.5 W lens. I have one and I've found it to be the sharpest of all my RZ glass, very impressive.

I haven't used the 140mm L-A Macro but I've heard nothing but good things about it too.

I've got the 180mm f/4.5 W-N which is good too, but a little long for me for most purposes. I've also got the regular 50mm W version but you have to stop it down to get sharp results out to the corners. I'd like to possibly updgrade to a 50mm ULD someday.

mediumcool

I had a 140 macro for my RB, and it was simply stunning. Probably the best lens I have ever used. Recommended.

bpepz

for the 65mm make sure to get the floating element version and not the regular W version, its pretty much useless compared to the 65mm f/4 L-A. Also the 50mm ULD is an order of magnatude better then the non-uld, it is worth the money. The 140mm f/4.5 L-A is extremly good to, much better then the 110mm or 180mm. The VERY best rz lenses I've tried were the 210mm APO and the 250mm APO, pretty much can't get better then at, the 350mm APO is great to but vibration could be an issue.

Professional

Well, for my RZ i have only 2 lenses so far, very very happy with both, they are: 50 ULD and 180 maybe ULD too.
Both lenses gave me amazing results, now if i will buy another lens, that will be definitely 110 f2.8.