The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock 23mm in Alpa mount

irakly

the lens is mind-blowing. i wish the photograph were up to its standards. i think that alpa cold afford a better photographer :)

T

thsinar

It IS a fantastic lens: I have touched/used and tested it at our booth during Photokina, together with the Sinar arTec. For those knowing the 28 HR, the 23 is even a step better, in terms of resolution. It has a minimum of 200 lp/mm in the centre, and at least 80 lp at the edge of the image circle!

From what I have seen when using it, there is a much as no CA or distortion.

Best regards,
Thierry

the lens is mind-blowing.

PeterA

My apologies for being too lazy to post Alpa site link. They actually have 4 examples at different apertures. All straight ( boring to some admittedly) architectural type shots in flat sun.

I love it when someone makes something so outrageously cool - $7K+ in $US is the price apparently. Blew me away.

N

Natasa Stojsic

the lens is mind-blowing. i wish the photograph were up to its standards. i think that alpa cold afford a better photographer :)
I think Sinar could provide you with better images of 23mm done by Rainer Viertlböck:thumbup:

Not sure if he uses one yet but his work is quality for sure:thumbs:

N

Natasa Stojsic

It IS a fantastic lens: I have touched/used and tested it at our booth during Photokina, together with the Sinar arTec. For those knowing the 28 HR, the 23 is even a step better, in terms of resolution. It has a minimum of 200 lp/mm in the centre, and at least 80 lp at the edge of the image circle!

From what I have seen when using it, there is a much as no CA or distortion.

Best regards,
Thierry
WoW Thiery, coming out of you I really believe it:thumbup:

Did Rainer V. started using one? Maybe you guys can post some examples:thumbs:

Graham Mitchell

Don't be so hard on Alpa. Be happy that we have a variety of technically good test shots which are all we need to judge the quality of the lens. Work like Rainer's looks great but I imagine it takes a lot of time to get such results, and time is money :)

T

thsinar

No, Rainer did want to take the one I used at our booth with him to Münich, but I didn't allow him to do so!

They are not yet available, but I guess Rainer will get one of the very first one.

Best regards,
Thierry

Did Rainer V. started using one? Maybe you guys can post some examples:thumbs:

N

Natasa Stojsic

Don't be so hard on Alpa. Be happy that we have a variety of technically good test shots which are all we need to judge the quality of the lens. Work like Rainer's looks great but I imagine it takes a lot of time to get such results, and time is money :)
Look at your work, I never seen you do Landscapes before and when you did few I was Amazed so to me that proves I love your work too but sometimes best photographers don't have the best equipment or they don't need to:thumbup: not sure:)

Alpa is nice, I wouldn't invest in it if I didn't believe it's worth the money but they keep lifting the price so that only few "collectors" can afford to buy it and just because of that they deserve:thumbdown:

N

Natasa Stojsic

No, Rainer did want to take the one I used at our booth with him to Münich, but I didn't allow him to do so!

They are not yet available, but I guess Rainer will get one of the very first one.

Best regards,
Thierry
What do you mean you didn't allow him:p Ok makes sense during the show to keep it, on the other hand who needs it more at Sinar but him;)

If I was Sinar I would send it to him a.s.a.p

I mean he is dedicated and goes far to make those beautiful pictures. You/I can't find substitute for him therefore I think he deserve the lens more than anyone:thumbs:

T

thsinar

Yes, unfortunately we did still need the 2 samples we had during the exhibition, but that's what I meant to say: he "deserves" it, and that's why he will be the first to get one from the first to be available.

Thierry

What do you mean you didn't allow him:p Ok makes sense during the show to keep it, on the other hand who needs it more at Sinar but him;)

If I was Sinar I would send it to him a.s.a.p

I mean he is dedicated and goes far to make those beautiful pictures. I can't find substitute for him therefore I think he deserve the lens more than anyone:thumbs:

N

Natasa Stojsic

Yes, unfortunately we did still need the 2 samples we had during the exhibition, but that's what I meant to say: he "deserves" it, and that's why he will be the first to get one from the first to be available.

Thierry
Ok because I thought if he doesn't deserve one right away, what about us who are first time customers:cry:

Looking forward to it:thumbup:

C

carbonmetrictree

LOL- Honestly, after using the 28HR in downtown San Francisco for four days on an ALPA TC and Max, the price doesn't bother me at all. I would say that a third of all of my photographs taken this past weekend were shot wide open at f/4.5 and they are EXTREMELY well detailed.

For me, this is my personal Photokina.

I absolutely cannot wait.

C

carbonmetrictree

Anyone know of a "wait list" for the lens for the ALPA 12 series cameras?