http://www.alpa.ch/files/news/85/ALPA_23hr_000105.jpg

Prices - scary even by Alpa standards.

Natasa Stojsic

Re: Rodenstock 23mm in Alpa mount

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Drool.

http://www.alpa.ch/files/news/85/ALPA_23hr_000105.jpg

Prices - scary even by Alpa standards.
    I guess this is getting better and better, all I need to do is just apply for another VISA

Hopefully, price will go down if not, naturally even though I love Alpa and have already fully invested if they keep their price at insane level they deserve

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't know the price but that lens is fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the lens is mind-blowing. i wish the photograph were up to its standards. i think that alpa cold afford a better photographer

thsinar

It IS a fantastic lens: I have touched/used and tested it at our booth during Photokina, together with the Sinar arTec. For those knowing the 28 HR, the 23 is even a step better, in terms of resolution. It has a minimum of 200 lp/mm in the centre, and at least 80 lp at the edge of the image circle!

From what I have seen when using it, there is a much as no CA or distortion.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    the lens is mind-blowing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My apologies for being too lazy to post Alpa site link. They actually have 4 examples at different apertures. All straight ( boring to some admittedly) architectural type shots in flat sun.

I love it when someone makes something so outrageously cool - $7K+ in $US is the price apparently. Blew me away.

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    the lens is mind-blowing. i wish the photograph were up to its standards. i think that alpa cold afford a better photographer
    I think Sinar could provide you with better images of 23mm done by Rainer Viertlböck

Not sure if he uses one yet but his work is quality for sure

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    It IS a fantastic lens: I have touched/used and tested it at our booth during Photokina, together with the Sinar arTec. For those knowing the 28 HR, the 23 is even a step better, in terms of resolution. It has a minimum of 200 lp/mm in the centre, and at least 80 lp at the edge of the image circle!

From what I have seen when using it, there is a much as no CA or distortion.

Best regards,
    Thierry
    WoW Thiery, coming out of you I really believe it

Did Rainer V. started using one? Maybe you guys can post some examples

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be so hard on Alpa. Be happy that we have a variety of technically good test shots which are all we need to judge the quality of the lens. Work like Rainer's looks great but I imagine it takes a lot of time to get such results, and time is money

thsinar

No, Rainer did want to take the one I used at our booth with him to Münich, but I didn't allow him to do so!

They are not yet available, but I guess Rainer will get one of the very first one.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    Did Rainer V. started using one? Maybe you guys can post some examples

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    Don't be so hard on Alpa. Be happy that we have a variety of technically good test shots which are all we need to judge the quality of the lens. Work like Rainer's looks great but I imagine it takes a lot of time to get such results, and time is money
    Look at your work, I never seen you do Landscapes before and when you did few I was Amazed so to me that proves I love your work too but sometimes best photographers don't have the best equipment or they don't need to not sure

Alpa is nice, I wouldn't invest in it if I didn't believe it's worth the money but they keep lifting the price so that only few "collectors" can afford to buy it and just because of that they deserve

Natasa Stojsic

No, Rainer did want to take the one I used at our booth with him to Münich, but I didn't allow him to do so!

They are not yet available, but I guess Rainer will get one of the very first one.

Best regards,
    Thierry
    What do you mean you didn't allow him Ok makes sense during the show to keep it, on the other hand who needs it more at Sinar but him

If I was Sinar I would send it to him a.s.a.p

I mean he is dedicated and goes far to make those beautiful pictures. You/I can't find substitute for him therefore I think he deserve the lens more than anyone

thsinar

Yes, unfortunately we did still need the 2 samples we had during the exhibition, but that's what I meant to say: he "deserves" it, and that's why he will be the first to get one from the first to be available.

Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    What do you mean you didn't allow him Ok makes sense during the show to keep it, on the other hand who needs it more at Sinar but him

If I was Sinar I would send it to him a.s.a.p

I mean he is dedicated and goes far to make those beautiful pictures. I can't find substitute for him therefore I think he deserve the lens more than anyone

Natasa Stojsic

Yes, unfortunately we did still need the 2 samples we had during the exhibition, but that's what I meant to say: he "deserves" it, and that's why he will be the first to get one from the first to be available.

Thierry
    Ok because I thought if he doesn't deserve one right away, what about us who are first time customers

Looking forward to it

carbonmetrictree

LOL- Honestly, after using the 28HR in downtown San Francisco for four days on an ALPA TC and Max, the price doesn't bother me at all. I would say that a third of all of my photographs taken this past weekend were shot wide open at f/4.5 and they are EXTREMELY well detailed.

For me, this is my personal Photokina.

I absolutely cannot wait.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Let's hope that lens makes it to the Sinar booth at Photoplus in NYC next week

carbonmetrictree

Anyone know of a "wait list" for the lens for the ALPA 12 series cameras?