The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya Leaf introduces the new Leaf CREDO

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
To be honest I've yet to have a good experience with live view on my IQ. (maybe it's due to MY iq?). Anyway, the screen shot there looks like the ideal situation of controlled indoor lighting where it does seem to just about work. I would hope that the Credo is an evolution from the IQ because I know that best I've achieved has been comparable to a 1950's TV with poor bunny ear antenna reception. YMMV.
Im older than you i had a circle antenna. LOL

yaya

Have a look at BMW Design's latest creation, the Zagato Coupe

Most images were taken with a Credo 80 on a 645DF, some were done on an Aptus-II 10

© Steffen Jahn

Going through the RAW files right now, need new underpants:bugeyes:

Stefan Steib

What a cool website. The images are also stunning, but it is rare to have them presented THAT well.

Compliments to the webmaster and the photographer for this !

Regards
Stefan

WOW! I'll sell a couple cameras to buy that car!!! Although it would probably take a truck load of Credo 80's to be able to afford it...

yaya

There's a bunch of events coming where we're going to show the new Credo backs and you can have a hands-on demo, starting tomorrow at the new Calumet store in Stuttgart, Germany

All the various events are listed on our website

I'll be in Paris on 18-19/6, Manchester on 21/6 and Amsterdam on 25/6 for anyone who wishes to come along and say hello

BR

Yair

Hi Yair

I am shooting Credo 80 with Alpa 12TC. Wonder if shutter latency of back will work only when set on "zero latency"? This is not a deal breaker except heavy power consumption and unnecessary heat. Will the One Shot cable of Kapture Gruope enable shooting with the back at "normal" latency? Comments by anyone who has the experience will be very much appreciated.

Philip

yaya

Hi Yair

I am shooting Credo 80 with Alpa 12TC. Wonder if shutter latency of back will work only when set on "zero latency"? This is not a deal breaker except heavy power consumption and unnecessary heat. Will the One Shot cable of Kapture Gruope enable shooting with the back at "normal" latency? Comments by anyone who has the experience will be very much appreciated.

Philip
Hi Philip,

Basically YES, if you use the KG cable you can leave the shutter latency set to Normal. If you shoot extensively and use Live View frequently or do consecutive long exposures then I would say that the KG option is the better one, if not the most elegant:)

BR

Yair

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hi Yair

Philip
Philip,

After having had two KG One Shot cables fail I ended up moving to the Alpa cable release. The quality difference is significant but then so is the cost alas. You still have to be careful about smoothly releasing the shutter but at least the unit won't self destruct in the field.

Zero latency isn't too much of a deal so long as you remember to either set auto power off appropriately or manually get used to power off/on after each shooting sequence. Also, the cost of something like a KG One Shot or Alpa release buys a LOT of spare batteries ... ;)

Hi Graham

Thanks for the sharing.Yes replacement batteries are cheap (USD20 each here in Hong Kong--2200maH, v.s. those supplied with Credo at >USD100 each--2900maH). I am also considering external power supply such as Energizer (FW connection issue?) or Tekkeon as suggested by some. Any idea or experience how well those work?

BR
Philip

Hi Graham,

It's me again. You mentioned Alpa cable release as a quality solution as well; could you share further the parts number because I didn't manage to find it at the Alpa site in the accessories sector.

Thanks and best regards
Philip

Thanks Peter, great help. Don't know how I managed to miss that one when I went through the web pages last night! Only excuse was that it was too late in the night / morning then.

Appreciate contributions from members here; great place to surf.

Kind regards
Philip

yaya

Philip the guys at Founder can help you whether you chose the ALPA cable or the KG one

BR