Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

  1. #1
    Aitor
    Guest

    Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Hi, This is Aitor. I'm a photographer based in Bilbao-Spain. This is my first thread in this interesting forum.
    I Have a Sinar P3 and a contax645 working with a old Sinarback 23HR. I wish to update to a new DB. The problem I have is that a buy with the P3 , two Sinaron Digital CMV and I find now that there is a lot of problems to work with this set ( P3 + contax645 ) with other brands so I feel slave of continue with Sinar.
    Is possible to work with tis set with others DBs with a good solution ?
    Regards

    Pd. Excuse my bad English

  2. #2
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Looks like I fixed your user name . Cool
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  3. #3
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Looks like I fixed your user name . Cool

    thanks Guy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Hi Aitor, welcome to the forum!

    The Sinar P3 and CMV lenses are perhaps one of the finest LF image capturing systems available. It is Sinar's top of the line product for professional studios and widely used.

    Similarly, the Contax 645 is also very widely used, and supported by all the MFDB manufactuers. So not to worry. You are not alone by any means with these systems.

    In your case, I think you should consider upgrading your back to one of the eMotion backs from Sinar, either the 54LV or the 75LV, depending on your budget. If your work is largey with still images and you want the highest resolution back for such studio work, then you should consider the 54H. It has multi-shot capability for still work that will give you the highest resolution of any digital back on the market.

    If you want higher resolution for single shot images, then you must choose either a Phase P65+ now (available in a few months) or else wait for the higher resolution back from Sinar, who is likely to make use of the new technology partnership with Leaf, for example with the Aptus 10 sensor.

  5. #5
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    The budget is always the problem . I donīt wish to spend a lot of money again now with this crisis ( and this crazy photography market ) .
    I wish to upgrade to a 22mpx. DB. The option Iam considering is the emotion54 because I prefer a back that work alone ( without attach it to a laptop I mean ). but I see there is others brands with better offers than Sinar ( refurbished , etc ) . The problem is that the p3 +CMV lenses seems only to work with the sinar backs. With the phase one it could work with the Silvestri adapter but with the Hassel V mount. Then I couldnīt use it with the contax 645.
    Last edited by Aitor; 14th October 2008 at 09:48.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Phase supports the P3, but it will still not help you with your contax then.

    I think you can find a good deal on a demo or refurb 54LV. You may have to wait a bit since they are in high demand. Talk to your Sinar rep and see if you can get on a list for demo or refurb unit.

    First, all of the digital backs produce outstanding images. I have owned backs from Phase, Leaf, Hasselblad, and Sinar. They are all excellent. However, I found myself needing several types of camera depending on the shooting situation and I did not want to own so many backs, similar to yourself, which is why I now use Sinar and their adapter system. Hasselblad also uses an adapter system, but I wanted to use more of the sinar cameras (hy6, m, p3, etc.).

    So, don't give up on finding a 54LV for a good price. I think the flexibility of this back will be worth the wait for you, since you already have an excellent system with the P3 and contax.

  7. #7
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    the other option is a 2š hand 54 . But it must be a very good price-condition and I don't know where to find it.

  8. #8
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by David Klepacki View Post

    I think you can find a good deal on a demo or refurb 54LV. You may have to wait a bit since they are in high demand. Talk to your Sinar rep and see if you can get on a list for demo or refurb unit.

    .
    thanks David, I told the spanish distributor but seems there is not a lof of offers here in Spain.

  9. #9
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Dear Aitor,

    I am jumping in a bit late, but basically David had answered very well and rightly.

    I would like to add something about the prices: the price of the eMotion 54 LV has been reduced in July of this year, very consequently, with a recommended list price of Euro 8'524.-

    This is already a very attractive price and I would contact Sinar's distributor in Valencia, Ingrafic.

    THEN: I should not reveal this now, but wait for a couple of days, until saturday. There shall be some new prices announced concerning the eMotion 54 LV and the eMotion 75/75 LV. I will publish these new prices here and I believe there will put the 22 MPx eMotion 54 LV back at a more than attractive price level.

    And you will then be able to use this back on the p3, on the Contax 645, and on any other Haselblad V, H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II plaftorm.

    Best regards,
    Thierry

    Best regards,
    Thierry

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    I am glad you posted this Thierry.

  11. #11
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    thanks Therry.
    I have contact with them. Next week I will know what's their offer.

  12. #12
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    is there difference in prices between the USA market and the Euro zone market like in the Dslr ?.
    I think the DB market is a little "dark" . Nobody knows the real prices. No distributor website publish the prices. Seems not to be an "official " prices and the offers change in hours like in a market of Morocco.
    I really donīt like it, I donīt know if I pay the best price or If I pay more than my neighbour.

  13. #13
    Natasa Stojsic
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post

    And you will then be able to use this back on the p3, on the Contax 645, and on any other Haselblad V, H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II plaftorm.

    Best regards,
    Thierry

    Best regards,
    Thierry
    This is good news Thierry

    Is RZ67 ProIID still an option or is that CAPUT?

  14. #14
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    I hope the drop the adapter kits price too because I think they are very very expensive. It cost more than the camera

  15. #15
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Dear Aitor,

    there may always be some differences in different markets/countries, due to local differences.

    Fact is that Sinar has recommended enduser prices and that we do communicate them. From there you can check with your local distributor.

    And it is always possible to by directly from Sinar, if you visit our factory and take the equipment from the factory.

    Best regards,
    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by Aitor View Post
    is there difference in prices between the USA market and the Euro zone market like in the Dslr ?.
    I think the DB market is a little "dark" . Nobody knows the real prices. No distributor website publish the prices. Seems not to be an "official " prices and the offers change in hours like in a market of Morocco.
    I really donīt like it, I donīt know if I pay the best price or If I pay more than my neighbour.

  16. #16
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    The eMotion backs can still be used on the Mamiya RZ 67, of course: my omission!



    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    This is good news Thierry

    Is RZ67 ProIID still an option or is that CAPUT?

  17. #17
    Aitor
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Dear Thierry,
    I hope you donīt misunderstand me, my english is very basic and I canīt write here like I do in my mother language. Excuse me.
    What I mean is that to know something about it, I have to do a google search and find a forum like this, then register and ask this question. It is impossible to find a website with prices like one can do for DSRL for example.
    I know that now there is a crazy market in all the digital cameras, specially the digital backs. Prices drop, new DSRL are there, the new leica, the Nikon new system rumors, hassel drop prices 40%....... and nobody want to make the first bet.
    what I mean is that it is not normal that if you have an offer of another brand a week later you get a better price from another. And it could be 2000 or more euros down in a week.
    I have more information from you in one day ( thanks again ) and reading in this forum than from the locals distributor in three weeks ( not only from Sinar, from the other brands the same ).

    Best regards

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    Dear Aitor,

    there may always be some differences in different markets/countries, due to local differences.

    Fact is that Sinar has recommended enduser prices and that we do communicate them. From there you can check with your local distributor.

    And it is always possible to by directly from Sinar, if you visit our factory and take the equipment from the factory.

    Best regards,
    Thierry

  18. #18
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Aitor,

    Don't worry, your english is very good and I understand well what you meant to say. No harm at all.

    well, it is somehow understandable that information is sometimes sparse from distributors: they have to handle with many products, and it is most of the time not done purposely, believe me.

    That's also one of the reasons why I am here and on other forums, to help clarifying things and give the right information to as many as possible at the same time.

    Anyway, I am here (or elsewhere) anytime to help out, if there is any question.

    Best regards,
    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by Aitor View Post
    Dear Thierry,
    I hope you donīt misunderstand me, my english is very basic and I canīt write here like I do in my mother language. Excuse me.
    What I mean is that to know something about it, I have to do a google search and find a forum like this, then register and ask this question. It is impossible to find a website with prices like one can do for DSRL for example.
    I know that now there is a crazy market in all the digital cameras, specially the digital backs. Prices drop, new DSRL are there, the new leica, the Nikon new system rumors, hassel drop prices 40%....... and nobody want to make the first bet.
    what I mean is that it is not normal that if you have an offer of another brand a week later you get a better price from another. And it could be 2000 or more euros down in a week.
    I have more information from you in one day ( thanks again ) and reading in this forum than from the locals distributor in three weeks ( not only from Sinar, from the other brands the same ).

    Best regards

  19. #19
    Natasa Stojsic
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    The eMotion backs can still be used on the Mamiya RZ 67, of course: my omission!



    Thierry


    I thought better price and "The eMotion backs can still be used on the Mamiya RZ 67, of course: my omission!" deserves

    N O T


  20. #20
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Yes, one can take it this way as well!


    BTW: I was expecting to see/meet you during Photokina, like many others here and elsewhere, but so few showed up. Was the Sinar booth so small and difficult to find?


    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    I thought better price and "The eMotion backs can still be used on the Mamiya RZ 67, of course: my omission!" deserves

    N O T


  21. #21
    Natasa Stojsic
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others



    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    Yes, one can take it this way as well!


    Thierry
    That's the only way to take it unless you are surrounded with more than few mirrors

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post

    BTW: I was expecting to see/meet you during Photokina, like many others here and elsewhere, but so few showed up. Was the Sinar booth so small and difficult to find?


    Thierry
    Actually no it should be easy to find because of the slim crowd

    Even so, I don't think I would have problem even on the Rolling Stones concert because you guys burst with charm

    Seriously now, by not going I saved for 23mm lens due in 1stQ 2009 as you say

    I have invitation for PhotoPlus expo. I don't think I missed a lot

  22. #22
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    of course you missed a lot: me!
    And I won't go to PhotoPlus!


    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    I have invitation for PhotoPlus expo. I don't think I missed a lot

  23. #23
    Natasa Stojsic
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    of course you missed a lot: me!
    And I won't go to PhotoPlus!


    Thierry
    Well I offered to come to Thailand and buy Hy6 Sinar finally, meet you and your wife, bring your and your wife's presents but you gave me some Political/Thai News and I thought I was in good hands or were you applying for the position at that time as the new CNN News anchor

  24. #24
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others



    BTW, and this on a less funny note, war has broken out today, between Thailand and Cambodia, on the border of the 2 countries. A worry more for all those Thai people, in addition to the political and financial turmoil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    Well I offered to come to Thailand and buy Hy6 Sinar finally, meet you and your wife, bring your and your wife's presents but you gave me some Political/Thai News and I thought I was in good hands or were you applying for the position at that time as the new CNN News anchor

  25. #25
    Natasa Stojsic
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    TRUE or NOT?

  26. #26
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    True, as true as I would love to welcome you anytime!

    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by Natasa Stojsic View Post
    TRUE or NOT?

  27. #27
    Natasa Stojsic
    Guest

    Re: Sinar P3 +Contax645 + Phase one or others

    Quote Originally Posted by thsinar View Post
    True, as true as I would love to welcome you anytime!

    Thierry
    G R E A T because I didn't buy Hy6 yet and who else better to explain and learn from than you

    Do I have your word?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •