The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase ONe 645DF cable release socket loose

baxter

My 645DF is just under 2 years old and nearly all of my pictures are made on a tripod with the cable release attached to the socket on the LHS of camera body instead of the one on the P45+ back.

Play has developed whereby the socket moves around in the camera body. Currently I estimate there to be about 1mm of travel. It looks like it's a retaining nut worked loose or some other retaining device.

I did do a search, but couldn't find anything posted here of anyone reporting such a problem. Has anyone else had experience of this?

I'm thinking that it needs to go back to the dealer, but open to cheaper suggestions please on how to rectify the problem!

baxter

Looks like I am the only one with this issue. That's good to know, I'm just not looking forward to the repair bill!

etrump

My p65 synch socket came lose once. I sent it to phase and they corrected no charge.

baxter

Thanks Ed. My dealer seems to think that I will have to cough up something like £100-£300. No charge is much more preferable!