Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you guys and gals like C1 Pro v4.5 so far?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you guys and gals like C1 Pro v4.5 so far?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    1. Pretty ordinary experience so far as I am having difficulty activating my software.

2. Whilst scouring the FAQ sections of Phase One / Capture One site - I came across a nasty surprise - apparently I can only use the software on 2 machines. Hmmm I have 4 different desktops in 4 different locations as well as a laptop....

3. WHY the tiny little pee wee sized symbols which are really tab labels? Why is everything so TINY on the screen?

4. WHY the darth vader dark look? UGHHHHH

5. Cant comment on the actually processing Or tethered shooting..yet

6. I suspect that there is a LOT of functionality hidden behind a third rate GUI.

Peter:

The Pro version allows you to use both Phase One backs and many 35mm cameras with the software. The Pro versions only allows you to use this software on 2 computers at a time. It has been that way for 3 years now. Just like Photoshop and most other software.

If you want to run the software (3.7 or 4.5) on more than 2 computers and only want to work with Phase One cameras only, you should look at the CD that came with the Pro Version and you should also see a DB serial number. This DB version has a separate serial number that can be loaded on as many machines as you want to run it on.

I have large companies that have multiple P1 backs and they all use DB because they may run it on 10 machines without any extra charges. Contact your dealer and they can get a DB serial number issued free of charge.

When you want to move the serial number from an old machine to a new machine, P1 has implemented a method that allows you to terminate the serial number on one machine so it will allow you to regiter it on the new machine. Look under Capture One menu and you will see it.

If you need more than 2 machines and want to run Pro because you have also a need to support 35mm in your workflow, then your option would be to upgrade to a 5 user Product Key. Cost is $499.00

So ask yourself do I need to support 35mm cameras on all of my 4 machines? This will answer your question.

Chris Snipes
    Image Productions, Inc
    Phase One Expert

www.imageproduction.com
    [email protected]

Phase One Test Studio Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmb_ View Post
    One Problem
    I have 4.5 installed
    Windows XP, Service Pack 2 (I know it requires Service Pack 3)

All works fine EXCEPT there is no Histogram. I have the Histogram Window/Tab but there is no data/graphic.

I uninstalled previous version of 4 before installing 4.5.

Any Suggestions?
    I am running it on Vista, and I also have no histogram. I am waiting for a reply from PhaseOne support.

--Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Help!!!!

Can anyone tell me how to set up processing recipes?

Thanks

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Woody
    understand, but maybe both Phase One and Adobe would benefit from wider input (no open betas for these)

If I have to do recipes to get back functions they TOOK AWAY, they are just not THINKING!!!

Whew, I don't think I have used the caps key this much in YEARS

See my comments on Photoshop CS4

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3728

Victor

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Recipe's are very simple. Just select all the parameters you want to process a file than plus sign. So for example you want to process a high res file 16 bit,Tif, at 150 percent with a Adobe 1998 RGB profile . So select all those parameters than hit the Plus sign and name that what you want say High Res. Than you also want a low res jpeg, SRGB, 70 percent than repeat that with the plus name that low res. Now if you want to process both at the same time just uncheck Show enabled than by each recipe check the box. Whatever box you check it will process those recipe's at once . This is very handy when you have to have several different types of files for clients but they all get the same corrections you made. This leaves out running actions in Photoshop after the fact. Very useful tool that I used a lot back when I was using Pro.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy645 View Post
    The problem is it's just a WB tool, it changes all the colors in the photo to match that one color. If it changed just the one color I'd be impressed, now it's pretty useless IMO.
    It is a WB tool, but so far as I know no other program will allow you to WB based on a selecting a known color OTHER than a grey card.

If you want to change one color you can do that as well using the Color Editor which allows both the alteration of a color and saving the resulting changes into an ICC profile for easier use in C1 Pro as well as use outside of the program (e.g. in Photoshop).

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
    Personal Portfolio

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSaperstein View Post
    I am running it on Vista, and I also have no histogram. I am waiting for a reply from PhaseOne support.

--Mark
    Mark - I learned that the quick fix is to use the Crop Tool and the Histogram magically appears! Try it. On my XP machine it works.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

It works just fine on my 64bit computer.

Oh happy day

don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Recipe's are very simple. Just select all the parameters you want to process a file than plus sign. So for example you want to process a high res file 16 bit,Tif, at 150 percent with a Adobe 1998 RGB profile . So select all those parameters than hit the Plus sign and name that what you want say High Res. Than you also want a low res jpeg, SRGB, 70 percent than repeat that with the plus name that low res. Now if you want to process both at the same time just uncheck Show enabled than by each recipe check the box. Whatever box you check it will process those recipe's at once . This is very handy when you have to have several different types of files for clients but they all get the same corrections you made. This leaves out running actions in Photoshop after the fact. Very useful tool that I used a lot back when I was using Pro.
    guy

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a processing tab. That is why I am hollering for help. I am sure that once I find it I will have no problems making changes

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

O.K.

Operator impedance problem. Both the process and batch tabs were hidden. The clue was a double arrow at the far right side of the tabs area. I simply moved the arrows until the tabs appeared. Never saw this before but once known, no problem

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Woody:

Not sure I understand you but... The "gear" icon up top-right is the process icon, or you can use cmd-D, or you can hit the "process" button at the bottom of most of the menu screens. Regardless of which method you use, all checked (active) recipes will be run on each raw file "processed."
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

so it's a bit like a batch script in PS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    O.K.

Operator impedance problem. Both the process and batch tabs were hidden. The clue was a double arrow at the far right side of the tabs area. I simply moved the arrows until the tabs appeared. Never saw this before but once known, no problem

Woody
    YES EVERYONE watch for this when I loaded C1 4.5 these two icons where hidden , need to slide the column wider so they are revealed. Last one is batch

shift , command , D and images go to batch on a mac. To process single just hit command,D. My keyboard those keys are worn out. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    so it's a bit like a batch script in PS?
    Not really, it is more that you save a collection of desired adjustments and output options as a favorite. Now in this list of favorites -- except they are called recipes -- you can check as many as you want, then for each raw file you process you get a set of different final variations, one for each recipe you have checked.

It is probably easier to look at and implement yourself than it is to explain it
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Not really, it is more that you save a collection of desired adjustments and output options as a favorite. Now in this list of favorites -- except they are called recipes -- you can check as many as you want, then for each raw file you process you get a set of different final variations, one for each recipe you have checked.

It is probably easier to look at and implement yourself than it is to explain it
    Maybe it is a good idea to think of them as Presets as well like in many of the tools in C1 where you can Add Presets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Check this out video tutorials and such

http://www.phaseone.com/4/