Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys and gals like C1 Pro v4.5 so far?

carbonmetrictree

How do you guys and gals like C1 Pro v4.5 so far?

I'll be downloading it shortly, any thoughts and/or opinions about the update?

jmvdigital

Re: How do you guys and gals like C1 Pro v4.5 so far?

Just activated my spanking new copy! Though I'll probably have to keep my head low with this anyway, as I've never used C1 before at all.

Edit: Scratch that, I can comment. The default background, "pinstripe", pulsated strangely on my MacBook Pro screen. Switching to the solid background smoothed things out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

umm not to go OT
    but is 4.5 session only?
    when I launch it the only way I can open a window is by creating a new session.
    Is there a way to set it up so it's by browsing only, as it was in 4.1.2?
    thank you for any help in advance!

PS should we start a post just for C1 4.5 questions only?
    am

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It is working either way for me... Browser based by clicking the folder icon and navigating to a specific folder, or session based if you start a session.

Have to say, the ability to set up multiple processing "recipies" is very cool
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So far a home run. Still have a lot of playing to do but it added some nice features to it.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Mamiya 28mm with all the lens corrections applied to it for distortion, CA, Purple fringing, Light falloff. For some reason corner sharpness is greyed out with the 28mm. Looking into that with Doug.

Anyway dead to nuts perfect. BTW reality is this is a 21mm in 35mm Full frame

Also a plug for MF Dynamic range. In reality those shadows on anything but MF would be black. I did not even open them up. Pretty amazing coming from the intense Sun here
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Also images appear sharper in C1 4.5 when processed without anything bad going on. I also noticed color is just about dead on with skin tones. Still playing with that but i seem to be getting better skin tones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One more corrected

carbonmetrictree

Am- That's a great idea, let's use this thread to throw in our questions and opinions for C1 4.5. The update seems subtle, but it surely is significant compared to the previous version.

Thanks for the images, Guy! I'll post some of my own up as soon as I finish processing my photographs from San Francisco.

So far, it looks like the images are a lot smoother in my opinion in terms of noise in shadow areas. I still have a bit of trouble in highlight areas in interior shots with C1, I've been using ACR and Lightroom for blown out windows because of the sharper adjustment curve in the highlights.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jack and Caronmetrictree
    My issue is that once I launch the program I don't get a window to be able to navigate, I have to create a session just so I can have the window to navigate to other folders.
    is it possible to run 4.1.2 and 4.5 on the same machine?
    also second thing I've noticed, when the preview is set to fit in the middle window, does it look somewhat soft? once zoomed in they look fine.
    thanks again to everyone
    am

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Same here on the softness issue. I tagged Doug from CI on this one right away. Hopefully today he can give some more thought. Here is what i noticed in the fit position it is softer but the 100 percent position it is exactly like Cs3.

Doug: Expected behavior!

100% is in fact the processed image. Scaled images are dependent on what method the choose to scale down using and is also drawing from the proxies.

Guy: Question

It is in the fit position . The 100 percent position matches exactly but the full image it is softer in C1 viewing compared to Cs3 viewing
    On Oct 15, 2008, at 12:44 PM, Guy Mancuso wrote:

Doug i noticed one thing in C1 images look softer than when you process out to CS3. Am I messing a setting.I have sharpen tagged in the processor tab

Post Thanks / Like

ok, so it may take time for an old dog to pick up new tricks. I haven't checked the OUTPUT files to see if the 4.5 engine is better than the 3.7.7, but so far, quite a few

WHERE IS? questions

Where is;
    1.the button to say put processed in a 'develops' folder at the raw location (it is what I mostly used)
    2.The highlighting of the icon when the mouse goes over, so you know, what you are going to do?
    3.The auto buttons in WB and exposure that take care of shadows, HLTS exposure etc all at once?
    A4.n AUTO ofr the color?
    5.The batch process method? (why not a 'process all?" i didnt like having to highlite in 3.7.7 to get all images processed
    6.The list of processed images?

Also default to 'job name' rather than filename? Maybe others like it, but if you are going to enter a job name the you can select that (or if it sees an entry it should automatically change the selection to 'jab name' Otherwise, often I label images elsewhere and i want C1 to keep

I DO like:
    1.the clarity (local contrast enhancement??)
    2.The 'process with no sharpening button' (likely use ALL the time with 65+ :-)
    3. the shadows slider works nicely for lifting dark areas
    4.that is loads and exits faster, but does it save the raw changes??

Ah well, I didn't use version 4, and so far I have not seen enough in pro to want to change
    UNLESS the image file quality is better. I will be running some tests.....

regards
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    ok, so it may take time for an old dog to pick up new tricks. I haven't checked the OUTPUT files to see if the 4.5 engine is better than the 3.7.7, but so far, quite a few

WHERE IS? questions

Where is;
    1.the button to say put processed in a 'develops' folder at the raw location (it is what I mostly used)
    2.The highlighting of the icon when the mouse goes over, so you know, what you are going to do?
    3.The auto buttons in WB and exposure that take care of shadows, HLTS exposure etc all at once?
    A4.n AUTO ofr the color?
    5.The batch process method? (why not a 'process all?" i didnt like having to highlite in 3.7.7 to get all images processed
    6.The list of processed images?

Also default to 'job name' rather than filename? Maybe others like it, but if you are going to enter a job name the you can select that (or if it sees an entry it should automatically change the selection to 'jab name' Otherwise, often I label images elsewhere and i want C1 to keep

I DO like:
    1.the clarity (local contrast enhancement??)
    2.The 'process with no sharpening button' (likely use ALL the time with 65+ :-)
    3. the shadows slider works nicely for lifting dark areas
    4.that is loads and exits faster, but does it save the raw changes??

Ah well, I didn't use version 4, and so far I have not seen enough in pro to want to change
    UNLESS the image file quality is better. I will be running some tests.....

regards
    Victor

Victor tough to do this in writing but first make sure you move the left column over a little . It was hidden from me when I loaded you should see 12 icons across. If not move the left column over. Okay the processing tab is number 11 icon

2 . Look for a orange triangle on the top right. Also in preferences you can setup highlight and shadow control by the numbers . So I set 250 for highlight for instance.

3. Icon number 3 look at WB and there is a little A same with exposure and high dynamic range

4. Not sure what you mean there

5.Have not played with batch yet

6. Should be in the processing tab 11 or 12 icon

Still working on stuff also

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Anybody else having crashing problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

None so far Robert. I think a big key was wiping your system from old C1 stuff first. i completely wiped both systems off before installing. There is program files in about 4 different places on Macs. I did post a link on this somewhere on the forum, maybe image processing. Follow that than maybe reload

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phase recommends you trash 4.1 before using 4.5 Pro. Don't know if any of these issues are related to having both installed but it is worth trashing 4.1 to see

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

ok
    here are three 100% crops
    c3.8 with 34 on sharpening output the default (no WB exp etc same for all)
    c.7.7 with 130 sharp for match with 130 default (will try no sharpening, but actually guys no sharpening at 100% given the bayer matrix says noting-digital backs are meant to sharpen as part of processing the matrix. only FULL images, eg at 25% would not need sharpening as each pixels has RGBG.)
    finally 4.5 with 130

victor
    Last edited by gogopix; 25th January 2015 at 17:23.

Post Thanks / Like

and 2 more

Post Thanks / Like

I will say the sharpening default on 4.5 is the most natural looking even though it SOUNDS more than the 3.xx versions

BTW here is the full 4.5
    this was alpa/schneider 35mm digitar P45+ shot BTW!

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor as my base sharpening with my P25 plus in C1 is 200 amount .3 for radius and 1 for threshold. Try it to see how you like it. But evaluate it in Cs3

Post Thanks / Like

Guy
    Thx for response
    I am sure this old dog needs to open his eyes a bit more

Anyway, looks like the processing defaults make a fine improvement in image, but some of the workflow details are bizzare

Why the hell are there so may files sprinkled around? With 3.x i had a develops file
    now I have crap (sorry) FILES with Capture One, Cache, this, and that ALL OVER!
    the user shouldnt have to worry or wonder where his filesw are and these others just get in the way. What are they for, Lance??

Anyway, from a workfloew point of view, one wants to select changes, and the select for batch processing. In 3.x a DEVELOPS file was set up if you said to put with the source image
    now you have to create or C1 creates something I dont want or it buries it in thenDOc&SETTINg>Programfiles>PhaseOne>CaptureONe>I mage>Cache> credit...borring..secret...

Sorry got carried away again LOL but you get the point

CAN WE SIMPLIFY THE STORAGE OF PROCESSED FILES

and Yes I am yelling, because they are in Europe and won't hear unless I yell

regards
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tethered works too

Phase P25 plus and Phase body works fine with a 3 second from shot to preview. A little faster than before. Just a quick test but it seems to work with no issues at all. I am on 10.5 Leopard

Make that 2.5 seconds

Victor when Doug comes on he can explain that one

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Victor as my base sharpening with my P25 plus in C1 is 200 amount .3 for radius and 1 for threshold. Try it to see how you like it. But evaluate it in Cs3
    I use 98, .04, and 2.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

CAN WE SIMPLIFY THE STORAGE OF PROCESSED FILES
    Uh, how much simpler do you want it??? All you need to do is select the output folder -- or any other location on your computer you want -- and can even have multiple versions of a single file and different output locations for those different versions of a single image by using "recipes".

Jack

Post Thanks / Like

ok
    The skin colour control is very clever...
    I think for anyone shooting beauty, this can become a very handy preset.
    from right now on set, (straight capture so no re-touching just yet)
    am

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by arashm View Post
    Thanks Jack and Caronmetrictree
    My issue is that once I launch the program I don't get a window to be able to navigate, I have to create a session just so I can have the window to navigate to other folders.
    is it possible to run 4.1.2 and 4.5 on the same machine?
    also second thing I've noticed, when the preview is set to fit in the middle window, does it look somewhat soft? once zoomed in they look fine.
    thanks again to everyone
    am
    Whether it is possible or not... I recommend you completely trash/remove 4.1.2 prior to installing 4.5.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
    Personal Portfolio

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor,

Normally you start a session and it creates a folder for raws (default name of "Capture") and a folder for processed images (default name of "Output"). When you select a raw and push process it gets processed to the "Output" folder. If you want to BATCH process select more than one image and hold shift when you push "process".

You could manually create a subfolder in your captures folder for your output (then right click and "Set as Output Folder") but the way it organizes by default makes a lot of workflow sense to me. I don't like deep-nesting of folders.

I have a feeling you maybe are not using the process feature the way it is normally used. Why don't you give me a call if you're still confused and we'll figure it out together.

Personal Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Doug . Care to explain the skin tones control also. Lot's of questions today

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Easiest way to explain quickly is to correct the naming: it is not a "Skin Tone Corrector" it is a "Particular Color Identifier". It adjusts WB and Tint so that the thing you click becomes the color you want. It is identical to the WB tool except that instead of it assuming you want the thing you click to be pure gray you can tell it what you want the color to be of the thing you click.

The default suggestion is to use it to identify skin tones, but may be best used to keep consistency on a product or item of clothing. So if you're selling jeans then you can shoot the jeans in a controlled studio strobe with a gray card and save that color. Then go anywhere in any lighting situation with that pair of jeans, and just tell C1 (using the "skin tone tool") what is jean-blue and it will balance the image to make it right.

Much much more to come in the days ahead. Please post any and all questions, just have a little bit of patience as we try to get to everyone.

Personal Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The first two definitely look oversharpened to me. V4.5 to my eyes is by far the best. Since I am a Hassy shooter I don't use C1 for raw conversion (although I love it for M8 images). However the main reason for me to use Phocus is to get the Digital Adjustment Corrections (DAC). Beyond that the two converters both appear to do a good job. Phocus is feature shy compared to C4.5 Pro but I expect most of those features will be added in version 1.1. We'll see.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Uh, how much simpler do you want it??? All you need to do is select the output folder -- or any other location on your computer you want -- and can even have multiple versions of a single file and different output locations for those different versions of a single image by using "recipes".

How much simpler?

What is in 3.x.

You check a box that says; "process to same folder as source"

C1 then creates a foldeer called 'Develops" in the folder with the raw. Keeps everything together

nothing new needs be created

now we will have to go out, find the folder (that may be 5 levels deep in a master storage disk, as I use), create a folder, then go back mout and select it.

for every raw folder you will need to do this. Remember, files of 45+ ate 250MB. I break into 100 image folders, otherwise there are big cache and handling issues everytime you opens eg PS Bridge.

It should be simple enough to bring back

I've been doing this for years, since before Phase even HAD a portable back.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    Victor,

Normally you start a session and it creates a folder for raws (default name of "Capture") and a folder for processed images (default name of "Output"). When you select a raw and push process it gets processed to the "Output" folder. If you want to BATCH process select more than one image and hold shift when you push "process".

You could manually create a subfolder in your captures folder for your output (then right click and "Set as Output Folder") but the way it organizes by default makes a lot of workflow sense to me. I don't like deep-nesting of folders.

I have a feeling you maybe are not using the process feature the way it is normally used. Why don't you give me a call if you're still confused and we'll figure it out together.

Personal Portfolio
    Thanks doug I may take you p on it.

BTW, I almost NEVER use capture; I use portable so I have CF's with folders that I put into shoot folder to archive.
    I then prune in C1, as well as develop. (why develop trashed files, though I actual archive all)
    the culled folder is then my folder of record. I process using the setting that creates a "DEVELOPS" folder in the raw; all nicely together.

If I make jpgs, then I can sort on type and take from develops into a folder by subject.

When improved (exp/WB etc), I have all my raw, in the state I want, and I just hit the first icon in the process window;

all the selected files are then processed, I can see them in a list, I can see 100% completion , and I DO NOT have to do a damn thing more 3.7.x creates the DEVELOPS folder and even watches for duplicates, creating a version. It even default names for me so it is easy to search (though I use Bridge keywords and ACDSEE to view)

I am sure many people have many workflows, but why this convenient feature was removed eludes me.

(and please don't say I have to create some damn 'recipe' or something)

Victor

Shelby Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    The default suggestion is to use it to identify skin tones, but may be best used to keep consistency on a product or item of clothing. So if you're selling jeans then you can shoot the jeans in a controlled studio strobe with a gray card and save that color. Then go anywhere in any lighting situation with that pair of jeans, and just tell C1 (using the "skin tone tool") what is jean-blue and it will balance the image to make it right.
    For wedding shooters, this tool might be the best thing since sliced bread. In some mixed lighting shots,when ALL you dream about is for the skin tones to be natural, this could be VERY handy. Pick a skin tone from a "good" lighting situation and apply it in the mixed lighting shot. I've been dreaming about a similar tool in ps for a while.

Too bad Pro runs so SLOW on my dual g5.

Bummer.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically have to work in sessions now, even if it is the default one. - Doug gave me a tip on creating a smart folder, putting it on the desktop, and then using the spotlight tool in the smart folder to create a search for ".col45" files, which are all your sessions. That way you are not looking constantly for your sessions or resorting to the limited "open recents".

I passed on to Doug today, my first big complaint on something that I was waiting for in this release but is not here yet. I really want the old ability for 3.7.9 to set a default profile to use based on my camera. I get tired of changing Leica M8 to the UV/IR profile and the P30+ from flash to outdoor. It was promised, so hopefully it will be coming soon.

Ray

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One Problem
    I have 4.5 installed
    Windows XP, Service Pack 2 (I know it requires Service Pack 3)

All works fine EXCEPT there is no Histogram. I have the Histogram Window/Tab but there is no data/graphic.

I uninstalled previous version of 4 before installing 4.5.

Any Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know when there is a new version.
    Right now, I am going back to 3.7.8

Victor

carbonmetrictree

The selective color adjustments are pretty important in my workflow, I'm very impressed with the smoothness slider for each color. I'm glad they included this as well, I will never use the skin tone adjustments since I do not photograph people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harmsr View Post
    I passed on to Doug today, my first big complaint on something that I was waiting for in this release but is not here yet. I really want the old ability for 3.7.9 to set a default profile to use based on my camera. I get tired of changing Leica M8 to the UV/IR profile and the P30+ from flash to outdoor. It was promised, so hopefully it will be coming soon.

Ray
    Hi Ray,

Are you saying that we still must change the default profile to Daylight (or a custom profile) from Flash? Ugh. I was of the understanding that that was to be available in 4.5. How about default color temp? Can one set a default to 5500 K, for example?

Sorry for the simple questions, but I'm presently overseas and likely will not download the app until I return. And I must decide if I'll upgrade my Mac at this time to better accommodate 4.5. (Maybe the processing "recipes" Jack mentioned will solve these setting issues.) For me, the workflow for processing just a couple of hundred image files shot in different settings (landscape type stuff) has been brutal with v4.1 compared with using Bridge/ACR for my small format work – let alone the number of files that come from a week-long (or longer) trip. Hopefully v4.5 has useful control over presets available.

Cheers,

Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay watch this test. This is with my Mamiya 35mm lens with lens corrections on for the full image. CA, Purple fringing, CORNER SHARPNESS

1st image image bottom right corner Corner sharpness off

2nd image Corner sharpness ON. This is at default and i can go a little more if i want but it does sharpen my corners on the 35mm lens

3rd Image Full Frame corrections on

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Let me know when there is a new version.
    Right now, I am going back to 3.7.8

Victor
    Victor

Like you I found the transistion to v-4.5 straight from 3.7.8 not so easy as filing into "_develops" being automatic in the latter. All I do now is to make a new folder "-develops" under the original image file folder using the C1 "browse" command and bingo, it then saves all my processed images just as before in v-3.7.8. So I get the same filing workflow as before.

It really is worth perservering in my view as you would otherwise be missing a superb processing engine. Oh, and I am a very old dog too!
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale,

Unfortunately, that is true. To do the camera and color temp presets, you have to create a style. Load that style to a picture, then copy the adjustments to the other pictures.

They did promise for it to have the feature as in 3.7.9, and I also passed this on to Doug. Let's see what they do in the next minor update (hopefully soon).

Best,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    The first two definitely look oversharpened to me. V4.5 to my eyes is by far the best. Since I am a Hassy shooter I don't use C1 for raw conversion (although I love it for M8 images). However the main reason for me to use Phocus is to get the Digital Adjustment Corrections (DAC). Beyond that the two converters both appear to do a good job. Phocus is feature shy compared to C4.5 Pro but I expect most of those features will be added in version 1.1. We'll see.

Woody
    Yes, that's the first thing I noticed, that default sharpening even at '34' (whatever THAT means) was too much. I default to no sharpening or noise for most of my raw conversions, since there are much better sharpening and noise reduction methods
    That said, C1 does a great job in getting detail out of the image, and 4.5 MAY be better, but right now the workflow is driving me crazy.
    As I said, I will stick to 3.7.x BUT I fully intend to continue to learn and work out a workflow for 4.5.
    Phase One isn't going to change that much, just for MOI!

But they might consider adding back some of the 3.7.x workflow options
    Regards
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhsimmonds View Post
    Victor

Like you I found the transistion to v-4.5 straight from 3.7.8 not so easy as filing into "_develops" being automatic in the latter. All I do now is to make a new folder "-develops" under the original image file folder using the C1 "browse" command and bingo, it then saves all my processed images just as before in v-3.7.8. So I get the same filing workflow as before.

It really is worth perservering in my view as you would otherwise be missing a superb processing engine. Oh, and I am a very old dog too!
    Does that mean you can create ONCE for all raw folders, or do you need to create it for each

One thing I will admit is that I label the raw folder with the image number range. It would be nice to be able to pick up the RAW name and add 'develops'

I will continue to learn, if only to claim that maybe I ain't an "ol' dog"

Thanks for the input-I too think the engine in 4.5 is an improvement, so I really WANT this to work,

but hey, by giving feedback they get better, AND if I am doing something wrong or that has a new and better way, the guys on this forum from the moderators down are terrific in helping!!!

regards
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor my workflow is really simple for processing. Just some food for thought. Normal i will bring a card in with images and rename it example Sally Portrait Raw 101708. So that is my raw folder and I copy that to a raw workflow drive to work from , you can put it on the desktop also .I also copy that folder to another drive that is My Raw Storage. Okay so I have the raws in actually three spots but when I fire up C1 , I just use the far left icon and find the folder from the raw work drive . Than I go into the processing tab and create a new folder and call it Sally Portrait Finals 101708 and place that on the desktop and that is where all the final 16 bit files go as i process. From there i either work on them in Cs3 or copy them to my Final Image drive for storage. So very simple way to set up. Now the C1 folder with the data goes in that Raw folder and I keep that incase i go back to process more and it retains my changes and such. The folder that gets put in the Pictures folder by default really has no files in it so it is relatively small and don't worry about it

Post Thanks / Like

Ray,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, let's hope this is part of a .1 update.

Best,

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by harmsr View Post
    Dale,

Unfortunately, that is true. To do the camera and color temp presets, you have to create a style. Load that style to a picture, then copy the adjustments to the other pictures.

They did promise for it to have the feature as in 3.7.9, and I also passed this on to Doug. Let's see what they do in the next minor update (hopefully soon).

Best,

Ray

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I tried using C1 when I got my P30+ only to find several problems; I didn’t like the added workflow plus since my studio computer is 64bit I had to use DB and wasn’t sure what if anything I was missing. I kept at it for a couple months but in the end gave up and deleted the software. I downloaded 4.5 a couple days ago on my laptop and like what I see so far. I think I recall reading that 4.5 is 64bit compatible so will try it out on the “main frame”.

I’ve been a user of Photoshop for so long I can actually remember version 2 or 3…..

Back to 4.5 if it will work on my 64bit then I can see a major change in my future as far as workflow goes. Not too sure but this may have the potential at least for me of replacing Bridge of course I need to compare this to CS4 when I get it.

So how’s that for a confusing answer? Yes, I like it – I think……

don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by carbonmetrictree View Post
    I will never use the skin tone adjustments since I do not photograph people.
    Don:

My advice is to never say "never" Case in point on the skintone tool, as Doug said it is poorly named and it's potential use extends beyond skintones! You can select ANY color you want and add it to the skintone palette. So, you can select the perfect blue sky or the perfect green for an evergreen tree and use it like a WB dropper for those skies or evergreens
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

1. Pretty ordinary experience so far as I am having difficulty activating my software.

2. Whilst scouring the FAQ sections of Phase One / Capture One site - I came across a nasty surprise - apparently I can only use the software on 2 machines. Hmmm I have 4 different desktops in 4 different locations as well as a laptop....

3. WHY the tiny little pee wee sized symbols which are really tab labels? Why is everything so TINY on the screen?

4. WHY the darth vader dark look? UGHHHHH

5. Cant comment on the actually processing Or tethered shooting..yet

6. I suspect that there is a LOT of functionality hidden behind a third rate GUI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Don:

My advice is to never say "never" Case in point on the skintone tool, as Doug said it is poorly named and it's potential use extends beyond skintones! You can select ANY color you want and add it to the skintone palette. So, you can select the perfect blue sky or the perfect green for an evergreen tree and use it like a WB dropper for those skies or evergreens
    The problem is it's just a WB tool, it changes all the colors in the photo to match that one color. If it changed just the one color I'd be impressed, now it's pretty useless IMO.