The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Testing the Cambo WRS1090

Don Libby

There's been question regarding shifting and tilts using the new hood and while I don't have a tilt lensboard I figured I could at least answer the question of shifting, besides I need to see this for myself as I'll soon be using it in Jackson Hole.

Deciding to try an actual test using what could be real life conditions (at least for me) I shot from near top of a hill overlooking the "scene" below. If I close my eye real tight I can almost imagine tress, river and snow capped mountains. Sorry, got a little carried away there....:D

Back to the test. The camera is a Cambo WRS1000 coupled to the P65+ and using a Schneider 72mm lens. The ISO is 50 f/11 at 1/250. The images were captured using the following format: First row: Centered 10mm down, 15mm left, 15mm right, Second row, Centered, 15mm left, 15mm right.; Top row Centered 10mm up, 15mm left, and 15mm right. Total of nine-images captured. Each row was processed into their own individual panoramas for show and tell and finally all nine-images processed into one-image.

Included here are all the images. No processing has been done other than to open in C1Pro to save into a Photoshop file then opened in Cs5 to use Photomerge. All images were later downsized and save for internet Jpegs.

First the individual images:

Centered - no movements

Centered with 15mm right shift

Centered with 15mm left shift

Centered, 10mm down

Down 10mm, shifted 15mm left

Down 10mm, shifted 15mm right

Moved 10mm up, Centered

Moved 10mm up, 15mm left. This is the first indication of trouble in the upper left corner.

Moved 10mm up, 15mm right. Again look at the upper right corner.

And the rows:

All 3-images merged for the bottom row.

All 3- images merged for the center row

All 3-images merged for the top row

Final image with all 9-images merged

There are some slight concerns on the upper corners however I feel that processing can fix most of them.

The shoot took place outside of Tucson, mid morning facing Southeast with the Sun off my left shoulder.

Don

Last edited:

gazwas

Don, is that the hood or does the 72 slightly vignette on the P65 with these amount of movements?

Don Libby

Don, is that the hood or does the 72 slightly vignette on the P65 with these amount of movements?
Gareth, I just tested it again this time using a brightly lit stucco wall. Shot it at same settings as yesterday both with the hood extended and with it closed. No difference and no falloff. I'm beginning to think yesterdays concerns were user error added to a very crappy sky; one of which I'd normally wouldn't waste the digital file on.

I've got a couple things that need to be finished before heading out so the next test will be for real in Jackson this time next week.

Don

James Clark

Hi - Is the 15mm right shift the correct shot? (I could just be confused, but it looks like very little movement compared to the rest of the shots).

Edit - maybe it's centered - no movements that is off? Nuts. Sorry :(

Don Libby

I think these might work better if I post them side by side.

I'll re-check everything and get back...

Don