The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Price of used p21+

carstenw

I don't know (does anyone?), but with the Sinar e54LV coming in at around 6000 Euro new, I would expect 4000-5000. On the other hand, it is an open question if it is possible to actually buy the e54LV at that price anywhere. That is just the list price...

arashm

I'm also sitting and waiting to see what happens with the Phamiya/ P21+ prices.
Megapixel wise the p21+ is perfect for what I do, I also shoot 90% of time tethered.
I really wonder if Mamiya and Leaf are selling the DL 28 (?) for $15K what's a phamiya/P21+ new will sell for!
just thinking our loud : )
am

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Good for you . Don't let that 18 mpx sensor think for a moment it is less than any 35mm camera out there. It will kick some butt and take names doing it. Just wait until you see the images coming off that sensor. Oh la la. I have the P25 plus which is basically the same sensor just bigger frame and I am wanting for nothing.

barry685

I actually don't want a III because of the way the back focus button custom function works, so I prefer a II (and of course price).

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Hey Barry,
Congrats on the P21+. I know you had your eye on one for a while. I am emailing you on the AFD II system. We have a few of them available.
Lance

Graham Mitchell

I don't know (does anyone?), but with the Sinar e54LV coming in at around 6000 Euro new, I would expect 4000-5000. On the other hand, it is an open question if it is possible to actually buy the e54LV at that price anywhere. That is just the list price...
True. The e54 is a larger sensor with more resolution, and Sinar's standard warranty is 3 years.

All of this makes the P21+ worth €4K at most, imo.

Carsten, as Thierry said, this back is available through the existing dealership or direct from the Sinar factory if you so choose.

barry685

Foto-Z

I actually do not want a larger sensor with more megapixels. I don't need it for the work that I do. I wanted a relatively small raw file size. Also Sinar simply doesn't do much of a marketing job in this country and really do not know anything about their backs.

Barry

Graham Mitchell

Hi Barry, if the P21+ is the perfect back for you then of course you should buy it. However market prices are generally determined by resolution and sensor size, which is how I valued the P21+ relative to the e54.

It's a pity that you feel you don't have much information about the Sinar backs in NY but there are plenty of Sinar users here and on LL who are happy to help. Plus Thierry (Sinar rep) is an excellent help.

barry685

The P21+ was purchased yesterday.

Regarding it's actual worth, the market is crazy now because of all the price reductions from Sinar, Hasselblad, and supposedly Mamiya Leaf, maybe next week It will be worth $4000.00.

But last week 2 p21's (not +'s ) were sold for 6000 - 6500 on ebay.

Regarding the value of megapixels I would say that is not necessarily true, look at the value of a ZD.

In any case I know exactly what I purchased and actually think this will be the end of the line of my upgrades megapixel wise. I have gone thru the following:
Kodak Dcs 560, Canon D60, 1ds, 5D, 1dsMKII.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think anything less than 7k for a P21 plus back is a good deal. Still beats anything out there in 35mm for sure

carstenw

Carsten, as Thierry said, this back is available through the existing dealership or direct from the Sinar factory if you so choose.
Yes, I will explore all avenues when the money is there, thanks. Until then, I will just dream.

kloud

To the Capture Integration / Phase One team...

Do you still sell some Phase One P21+? Kind hard finding any info on that anywhere but here. Thanks in advance for your answer :)

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Checking on the P21+, they are scare out there. Think I have a p20+ I am double checking and will get back to you.
Thanks for your interest.
L