The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H2 & P20 not communicating

Analog6

I have a Hasselblad H2 an a PhaseOne P20/H101. I had not used the camera for a while (about a month) and it would not turn on. I initially thought it must be the battery but my friend Brett in Tasmania, who knows my camera and who is a great repairer of cameras, gave me some suggestions to try.

The outcome is the H2 is working perfectly, the P20 ditto - BUT - if the P20 is switched on then the H2 will NOT switch on. Has anyone any experience of such a problem?

Brett suggested it may be a secondary battery in either of the components - can anyone enlighten me if the H2 has such a battery. If so, what size and how can I get it replaced?

Any help/suggestions will be very gratefully received!