Site Sponsors

Thread: Tech Cam Accessory Mounting Help

Post Thanks / Like

Tech Cam Accessory Mounting Help

I'm trying to reduce the amount of gear take (or at least take smaller things) and make setting up quicker. Otherwise I tend to just take the HR40 and not use longer lenses. The monstrosity below actually works very well. I can set up in three steps (tripod, camera clicks into the quick release in one click, one screw for the accessories), although it adds a step for changing lenses.

As practical as it is, I can't help finding it all incredibly ugly, also apart from aesthetics having the extra spacer on the left (from the rear) of the camera adds quite a bit of bulk in my throw over bag, (fine if I'm going with a rucksack). I'd also like to mount a level for hand held shots

Anyone have more elegant suggestions for mounting these accessories?

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tech Cam Accessory Mounting Help

Would this solve?

Rycote Hot Shoe Extension 037705 B&H Photo Video

BTW, how does your Cube have those [nice] knobs?
    Last edited by BJNY; 20th May 2012 at 06:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

ALPA make a VF mount that includes a level: ALPA of Switzerland - Manufacturers of remarkable cameras - ALPA accessory adapter

And, of course, the ALPA VF has a level as well: http://www.alpa.ch/en/products/frami...iewfinder.html

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen, Yes I think that adapter would work for me to add a level to the setup. I still need something to tidy the RF and Light meter. The bar BJNY looks interesting and saw some others on B&H. Need to google a bit to see how they actually work as my accessories do not have screws to lock them into the coldshoe, they expect springs!

BJNY, it's a Linhof 3d Micro head (micro adjustments not micro weight). Very nice, I think cheaper than a cube and usually in stock at Paula's shop (linhofstudio.com). Frighteningly there is no lock on the quick release, but it is designed with a very long throw and actually pretty secure in the field.