The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar EmotionLV +P3 + CMV lenses.

A

Aitor

The sinar emotion seems don´t work with the CMV lenses without the slinding adapter. I don´t know what is the problem with this lenses and why they don´t work with the P3 in live video.
I wish to know if anyone have this configuration and what is the possible solution.
regards
Aitor

David Klepacki

The sinar emotion seems don´t work with the CMV lenses without the slinding adapter. I don´t know what is the problem with this lenses and why they don´t work with the P3 in live video.
I wish to know if anyone have this configuration and what is the possible solution.
regards
Aitor
Hi Aitor, can you describe exactly your setup? What adapter are you using? Are you using an LC shutter? Are you using CaptureShop or Exposure?

What exactly do you mean by "dont work"? Does the shutter not fire? software freeze up? no live video? ... without more details we cannot help you.

David

BJNY

Aitor,

First, one mistake I've made a couple of times :mad:
is forgetting to change in the menu of the eMotion digital back
from Hasselblad H (in my case) to p3/CMV/LCshutter mode :thumbs:

Next, you have the 97-7015 Interface eMotion CMV?
(This is an interface box almost the size of a pack of cigarettes)

Next, you are supplying power if using the LC shutter?

Last edited:
A

Aitor

I have a P3 working with a 23HR back . It attached to the P3 with the Sinar 100 adapter kit. Nothing else. I focus with the live video in captureshop.
Working with a 60mm and a 100mm CMV lenses.
Now I wish to update to a Emotion54LV but seems that to work with it with the CMV lenses I have to use a complicate ( and expensive ) sliding adapter.
What I don´y understand is why there is this problems with a Sinar back and a Sinar camera and Sinar lenses.
When I bought those lenses four years ago was because the Sinar rep. told me those lenses are the best option to work with the Sinar system ( four shots , etc )
Now I find that the CMV shutter is more a problem than a solution.

A

Aitor

Aitor,

First, one mistake I've made a couple of times :mad:
is forgetting to change in the menu of the eMotion digital back
from Hasselblad H (in my case) to p3/CMV/LCshutter mode :thumbs:

Next, you have the 97-7015 Interface eMotion CMV?
(This is an interface box almost the size of a pack of cigarettes)

Next, you are supplying power if using the LC shutter?
thanks for your answer. I still don´t have the emotion.
What I have been informed Is that I need the sinarback emotion/CMV interface 552.36.095. It doesn'seems to be like a pack of cigarretes, I don´t know if is the same as you say.
Anyway I don´t understand the difference between the old Emotion and the emotion LV as LV meens live video .
AAs you can see I'm very confused

T

thsinar

Dear Aitor,

the Sinar back eMotion do need an interface to work together with the Sinaron Digital CMV lenses.

Pls. find below a description of this interface.

The eMotion LV backs have a different internal electronic allowing for the live video function, thus called LV. Some do need live video, some not, that is why we have the options.

Best regards,
Thierry

thanks for your answer. I still don´t have the emotion.
What I have been informed Is that I need the sinarback emotion/CMV interface 552.36.095. It doesn'seems to be like a pack of cigarretes, I don´t know if is the same as you say.
Anyway I don´t understand the difference between the old Emotion and the emotion LV as LV meens live video .
AAs you can see I'm very confused

A

Aitor

Aitor, you cannot use your Sinarback 100 adapter with the eMotion 54LV back. You must obtain the eMotion/CMV interface.
Yes, I know but not only the emtion/CMV interface. I Need the sliding adapter too.
What I mean is that , to use an EmotionLV ( 6000 euros ) with a P3+CMV I need others 4000 euros in accesories. :mad: