Site Sponsors

Thread: Sinar EmotionLV +P3 + CMV lenses.

Aitor

Sinar EmotionLV +P3 + CMV lenses.

The sinar emotion seems donīt work with the CMV lenses without the slinding adapter. I donīt know what is the problem with this lenses and why they donīt work with the P3 in live video.
    I wish to know if anyone have this configuration and what is the possible solution.
    regards
    Aitor

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sinar EmotionLV +P3 + CMV lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitor View Post
    The sinar emotion seems donīt work with the CMV lenses without the slinding adapter. I donīt know what is the problem with this lenses and why they donīt work with the P3 in live video.
    I wish to know if anyone have this configuration and what is the possible solution.
    regards
    Aitor
    Hi Aitor, can you describe exactly your setup? What adapter are you using? Are you using an LC shutter? Are you using CaptureShop or Exposure?

What exactly do you mean by "dont work"? Does the shutter not fire? software freeze up? no live video? ... without more details we cannot help you.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Aitor,

First, one mistake I've made a couple of times
    is forgetting to change in the menu of the eMotion digital back
    from Hasselblad H (in my case) to p3/CMV/LCshutter mode

Next, you have the 97-7015 Interface eMotion CMV?
    (This is an interface box almost the size of a pack of cigarettes)

Next, you are supplying power if using the LC shutter?
    Last edited by BJNY; 21st October 2008 at 09:00.

Aitor

I have a P3 working with a 23HR back . It attached to the P3 with the Sinar 100 adapter kit. Nothing else. I focus with the live video in captureshop.
    Working with a 60mm and a 100mm CMV lenses.
    Now I wish to update to a Emotion54LV but seems that to work with it with the CMV lenses I have to use a complicate ( and expensive ) sliding adapter.
    What I donīy understand is why there is this problems with a Sinar back and a Sinar camera and Sinar lenses.
    When I bought those lenses four years ago was because the Sinar rep. told me those lenses are the best option to work with the Sinar system ( four shots , etc )
    Now I find that the CMV shutter is more a problem than a solution.

Aitor

Quote Originally Posted by BJNY View Post
    Aitor,

First, one mistake I've made a couple of times
    is forgetting to change in the menu of the eMotion digital back
    from Hasselblad H (in my case) to p3/CMV/LCshutter mode

Next, you have the 97-7015 Interface eMotion CMV?
    (This is an interface box almost the size of a pack of cigarettes)

Next, you are supplying power if using the LC shutter?
    thanks for your answer. I still donīt have the emotion.
    What I have been informed Is that I need the sinarback emotion/CMV interface 552.36.095. It doesn'seems to be like a pack of cigarretes, I donīt know if is the same as you say.
    Anyway I donīt understand the difference between the old Emotion and the emotion LV as LV meens live video .
    AAs you can see I'm very confused

Aitor

this one

Post Thanks / Like

Aitor, you cannot use your Sinarback 100 adapter with the eMotion 54LV back. You must obtain the eMotion/CMV interface.

thsinar

Dear Aitor,

the Sinar back eMotion do need an interface to work together with the Sinaron Digital CMV lenses.

Pls. find below a description of this interface.

The eMotion LV backs have a different internal electronic allowing for the live video function, thus called LV. Some do need live video, some not, that is why we have the options.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Aitor View Post
    thanks for your answer. I still donīt have the emotion.
    What I have been informed Is that I need the sinarback emotion/CMV interface 552.36.095. It doesn'seems to be like a pack of cigarretes, I donīt know if is the same as you say.
    Anyway I donīt understand the difference between the old Emotion and the emotion LV as LV meens live video .
    AAs you can see I'm very confused

Aitor

Quote Originally Posted by David Klepacki View Post
    Aitor, you cannot use your Sinarback 100 adapter with the eMotion 54LV back. You must obtain the eMotion/CMV interface.
    Yes, I know but not only the emtion/CMV interface. I Need the sliding adapter too.
    What I mean is that , to use an EmotionLV ( 6000 euros ) with a P3+CMV I need others 4000 euros in accesories.